boy"O"boy's Pace RC100S

Re:

Thanks for all the replies..

Hotwheels.":3rftbi9q said:
I really love this model and you've done a stellar job.*

*even if it is screaming for a yellow saddle :D

Cheers. I can see where you're coming from to match in the toe clips/ straps /bottle cages... but my motivational pic from when I began the resto was the one from MBUK Oct 1990...... the test against the Fat Chance in Norway.
I decided against the pink Hippo on the handlebars though as that's one trend that was never going to last!!

Retro Spud":3rftbi9q said:
brocklanders023":3rftbi9q said:
We've been here too long. :facepalm:

10 years last week in fact

A decade well spent? :LOL: :LOL:

brocklanders023":3rftbi9q said:
Gets my vote. ;)

We've been here too long. :facepalm:

Cheers Ed..... I remember when this was all fields.( and a stand at Mountain Mayhem!)

Dossa":3rftbi9q said:
Phenomenal build, what a beauty :cool:

Cheers Matty..... You've seen what's coiming next?

Cheshire1980":3rftbi9q said:
Super! Worth the 10 years. And definitely gets a vote from me.

Cheers Callum..... There's some (reworked) Citrus following in the near future!

Re:

I really don't know how iv'e missed this thread especially as it started in 2011!

A sublime build mate and fantastic attention to detail :cool: :cool:

Re:

player":le1oj0iw said:
I really don't know how iv'e missed this thread especially as it started in 2011!

A sublime build mate and fantastic attention to detail :cool: :cool:

Cheers. Thanks for the kind words. :D .....fortunately I've never used Photobucket, so the thread never got decimated..... Still, 2011 is some time ago!

wadsy":le1oj0iw said:

Cheers Wadsy. Appreciate that as you've done some fantastic builds on here. :cool:

boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":2o6tk0uc said:
Cheers Wadsy. Appreciate that as you've done some fantastic builds on here. :cool:

boy"O"boy

Thanks; very kind of you to say so :)

Re:

Very, very nice! I need to pull my finger out and get mine finished.

That is a nice touch with the cable guides. I might get these painted for my project.

Do you have a photo of the Renthal stem bolt you mention?

Re: Re:

uno-speedo":2gz7n02g said:
Very, very nice! I need to pull my finger out and get mine finished.

That is a nice touch with the cable guides. I might get these painted for my project.

Do you have a photo of the Renthal stem bolt you mention?

Cheers! Have you got a link to yours? Always interesting to see another RC100!!

Here's a close up of the Renthal stem bolt. The bottle cage bolts are standard looking M4 cap head bolts but have been anodised in a light gold colour. The same with the Magura clamp bolts. These supposedly are Renthal bolts too. Burkereddh included them in the original sale as the pic on page 1 came with red anodised bolts.

2nd Pic are my spare cable guides. Same as those that you've linked, but these rapid prototype ones have the feet/pegs built in so they are removable.
With those other ones, the wedge pegs are very difficult to remove and with often end up rattling around in the top tube if you try to remove them. That said though, they are the original fitment so if you're after period correct, they be perfect.
I was saving these one with the idea of getting them scanned and reproduced as another batch of rapid prototype ones to help other RC100 owners. So far though...I just haven't had the time.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• line guides.jpg
    line guides.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 551
  • Renthal stem bolt.jpg
    Renthal stem bolt.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 551
Re:

Just found this :shock: Wowsers that is epic! looks like you've got a lot of builds I'm gonna be looking up!
The quality of your engineering a attention to detail is insane, love it.

Back