boy"O"boy's 1991 Orange Aluminum "O" #2

Stunning as usual, and a proper size.

That Mavic wheelset is nice, and i hope you get to the bottom of the rear mech issue.

Just makes me want to ride it :cool:

Yum!!

Looks so fun and so much better dirty!

Weird about that rear mech… although hardly a downgrade matching the Suntour to the rest of the group!

Get it up in the next BOTM. I’m voting for it.

Haven't updated any of my build threads for ages.

Since the Iceman prototype "O" was lost by Evri, I've been slightly disheartened about building.
Instead, I've spent more time riding retro instead.

"O" #2 has become a firm favourite to grab and go in the stable. Most of the summer, it's been ridden on dusty trails with a massive grin on my face....but it's identity has been very 'stealth'. No decals apart from the Syncros stem.
20220806_094505.jpg

20220806_094749.jpg

20220806_114654.jpg

A chance encounter with my old university portfolio folder whilst in the loft looking for other documents yielded a set of Vinyl cut decals that I had originally done for "O" #1.
I'd been undecided on colours of decal to go for. Pewter? Gunmetal? Stick with original orange? - but fate stepped in. Neon orange it is!

Swapped the DX thumbies out for Suntour XC pro ones... for no reason other than to see how they go. Everything else is fairly settled for the time being. Bullseye 🎯 on Campagnolo for show-off pics but in rider spec it's on Mavic M281CD's/ black deore hubs.

Here's the latest.
20221009_181752.jpg

20221009_181803.jpg

20221009_181811.jpg

20221009_181825.jpg

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Yeah, I had no idea the other frame went missing!

Or I did, and I forgot?

That's absolutely brutal tho. I real heartbreaker, and I can see why it'd slow your building momentum.

That said, I'm really glad to hear it's resulted in you just riding what you have a bunch instead.

As for the current version of this one...

I actually think it's one of my favorite bikes on here. Love the stealth look with the black Syncros stem and bars, the black Campy rims and bullseye hubs; love the Suntour XC Pro group and the pop of the new orange decals on it. But most of all I love that Manitou.

It still feels unexpected to me, and the grey and silver clashes with everything else in a surprising and perfect way (silver headset really ties it together too).

Anyway, this bike looks the proverbial dogs gonads. And I want to ride it. Really fast.

Ideally where you took that first photo!

Did it ever get entered in a BOTM, by the way? I can't remember and I want to vote for it if it didn't.

Maybe it did?

Maybe I did?

She's no Garage queen! - a quick change of boots from the NOS Campagnolo on Bullseye to a Pair of Mavic M281CD on Black Deore hubs and she's ready to get all dirty.
Did it ever get entered in a BOTM, by the way? I can't remember and I want to vote for it if it didn't.

Maybe it did?

@pw_pw_la Cheers Phil. Haven't entered yet..... although I did mention I might enter this bike absolutely covered in filth. As a rider in the fleet, it goes through it all. I keep the 1989 Stumpjumper for dry weather rides but the "O" sees year round action.

How about a....

BEFORE
20221009_181803.jpg

and AFTER
20230122_145029.jpg

cheers.
boy"O"boy

Last edited:
Back