boy"O"boy's Pace RC100S

Re:

dave69":2dg4hno0 said:
fantastic restoration takes me back to 1989.

its a pity you didnt produce a box full of those top tube cable guides.

Thank you!

7 years ago, Rapid prototyping was still a relatively new process. The cost at the time was massively prohibitive. I was fortunate enough to be able to add these to a part that was already being produced. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the CAD file when I left the company, otherwise running up another batch would have been much easier.

Rich":2dg4hno0 said:

Cheers Rich!!

Bollox64":2dg4hno0 said:
dave69":2dg4hno0 said:
fantastic restoration takes me back to 1989.

its a pity you didnt produce a box full of those top tube cable guides.

Apparently these are a bit tight, but look the same and work fine.

https://shop.vintagecannondale.com/prod ... cannondale

:cool:

These are spot on as a match for the originals. You could probably paint them up too if you wanted. The other downside is that they are not very removeable, there's a peg trapped in the top tube of mine and the sealed ends means that ain't ever coming out!!

paddlingpool":2dg4hno0 said:
Very nice

Thank you very much.

Re:

unkleGsif":308rwu65 said:
They never made a 2dr Calrsson did they?
I know there was a rare 2dr Airflow kit in both flat and slant nose variety

I had 5 900t's over the years
G

No. They never made a 2dr Carlsson..... I always thought they should have though.
So that was exactly what I did!!
According to the experts over at uksaabs.co.uk - the C900 Carlsson was a 3dr T16S which was shipped to UK Saab dealers which then added the bodykit/whaletail/Side vent covers/bodyside decals/ Steering wheel etc. Most C900 Carlssons are listed on their log book as being T16S models.
Mine started as a genuine 2dr T16S (about 170 were made exclusively for the UK market)
It is a pretty rare variant to start with, but as the dealers would have done back in the day, the full Carlsson package has been added. Its a near as you'd get to factory whilst being completely unique..... A one- off C900 Carlsson.

Like my bikes, I like a bit of Individuality..... something that only the trained eye would know the difference from stock. The RC100 is no exception..... I asked Gil_M to add an 'S' to the top tube decals. It's so subtle that you'd hardly notice but it marks it out as mine! :twisted:

66 triumph daytona":308rwu65 said:
Former `89 T16 owner here(and it wont be my last).That Carlsson is super sweet and my unicorn.Anyone who hasnt driven a pre GM C900 turbo is seriously missing out.Even the low pressure ones are a hoot.
66 triumph daytona":308rwu65 said:
Former `89 T16 owner here(and it wont be my last).That Carlsson is super sweet and my unicorn.Anyone who hasnt driven a pre GM C900 turbo is seriously missing out.Even the low pressure ones are a hoot.

Cheers!! They certainly are something. This is my second C900 but my 7th Saab that I've owned. There's something very addictive to me about the brand. Shame the brand folded. :( The C900's that remain are definately becoming fewer and fewer.... I think I've only ever seen another 3 on the road the whole time I've owned this one.

Pic 1 - 'Standard' 3dr side profile
Pic.2 - My 2dr side profile
Pic.3 - 3dr Carlsson rear
Pic.4 - 3/4 rear view of 2dr

Enjoy....

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 265
Re:

I'll have to dig some pics out of mine... she was on uks and saabcentral with the nickname Saabarella ;) she was a Scarabe Green T16 lot that I 'worked on' quite a bit, and will be the only car I will ever truly miss, but chocolate gearboxes and an non understanding Mrs don't make for compatible bedfellows, and after 'box number 4, it was curtains

Yours is very nice and I'm "well jeal"!

Back