boy"O"boy's 1990 Ridgeback 704XT

Hi All. Thanks for adding to the thread.

raidan73":2xg78c50 said:
Stunner mate!
Cheers! - Added a pic of the prestige decals on the bars. Thanks again!

mkone":2xg78c50 said:
:cool: very nice, great build.

i would love to see how it rides, whats the tt length out of interest?

Thanks! - the TT measures 22" centre to centre. I haven't ridden the RB in anger, but after a quick spin, I'd describe it as 'racey' - head down like the Pace RC100, slightly 'slacker' steering but definately responsive.
I've added a pic or 2 next to the RC100 as a comparision. Both are 19" framesize. The Saddle heightis the same and the bars both come in at 895mm measured from the floor.
2 interesting takes on race bikes, both from 1990 but with very different geometries.

brocklanders023":2xg78c50 said:
Very good, as always. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks ed.
Need to make some progress on the Pine Mountain and Ali 'O' now!

Coleman":2xg78c50 said:
Cheers!

M-Power":2xg78c50 said:
Looks amazing, so understated but the whole packaged worked so well especially with those forks. Tried both bitd and imo these ride better than a DOGS BOLX ;)

I've never ridden a DOGSBOLX but I'm fairly sure I'd like it. My mate's one from BITD had a zero degree 150mm stem. I'm sure that did nothing for the handling!! (or his back!)
- It still feels like a head down position with a rise on the T-bone i've gone for.

Cheshire1980":2xg78c50 said:
Great clean build. Love it!

Cheers Callum. Glad you like it.

Here's a few more pics.

Attachments

• rb close up 3.sml.jpg
    rb close up 3.sml.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Pace vs RIDGEBACK 3.sml.jpg
    Pace vs RIDGEBACK 3.sml.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Pace vs RIDGEBACK 2.sml.jpg
    Pace vs RIDGEBACK 2.sml.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 296
  • Pace vs RIDGEBACK.sml.jpg
    Pace vs RIDGEBACK.sml.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 294
Re:

more pics...

Attachments

• RB tape size.sml.jpg
    RB tape size.sml.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 286
  • RB tape size 2.sml.jpg
    RB tape size 2.sml.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 286
  • rb close up.sml.jpg
    rb close up.sml.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 286
  • rb close up 2.sml.jpg
    rb close up 2.sml.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 286
Re:

Perfect geometry and those forks always had such great tracking but with a lovely comfortable ride. A rare bike that punched way way above its weight. Just a beauty. Look forward to an in depth ride report hopefully ;)

I love the look of fillet brazed bikes but it dampens the feel of light tubes too much imo and adds 1/2lb of needless weight compared to neat tigged frames. Acceptable on early 80s bikes but not later imo unless its more about aethetics like lugs.

Really lovely build, you must be chuffed with that.

I have 2 fillet brazed bikes (modern) and they look and ride great. The fillets on bikes these days don't tend to be as big as the ones on early bikes but I'm still a sucker for the look (and rarity) especially on MTBs.

Back