boy"O"boy's 1990 Ridgeback 704XT

Looking good sir. Avocet or brown Turbo for me

Re:

Looks good - I'd go for a black saddle on that - avocet 1st and flight 2nd.

Good looking bike - can probably help you out with the sticker for the bar.

Looks great !! after building my 703DX I've been looking out for one of these, they are pretty rare.

Re:

That's stunning! Avocet for my 2 pence worth, had to turn a one of these down (frame only) last year & SO regretting it

raidan73":132zem40 said:
Looking good sir. Avocet or brown Turbo for me

Thank you Sir! +1 for Avocet

al":132zem40 said:
Yep looks great.... good work.

al.

Cheers! Thank you - Loving your work on the Haro Titanium :cool: - that's a rare beast :cool:

Coleman":132zem40 said:
Looks good - I'd go for a black saddle on that - avocet 1st and flight 2nd.

Good looking bike - can probably help you out with the sticker for the bar.

Thanks! +2 for the Avocet. I'd be very interested in the sticker for the bar. Could you PM me more details? Cheers!

kingbling":132zem40 said:
Looks great !! after building my 703DX I've been looking out for one of these, they are pretty rare.

Cheers! Loving your work on the 703 DX! Very impressive level of detail on the finish of that one. Could you post a link on here? - as it's as equally rare as the 704XT. :cool:

MR OX":132zem40 said:
That's stunning! Avocet for my 2 pence worth, had to turn a one of these down (frame only) last year & SO regretting it

+3 for the Avocet!

Was that the one that was free if you collected? - was so tempted, but had already slipped this one past the better half so a 2nd would have been out of the question. :roll:

All responses welcome -

Here's the Avocet I've gone for....

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• Ridgeback1990-704XT freewheel pic.jpg
    Ridgeback1990-704XT freewheel pic.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 742
  • avocet saddle 2.jpg
    avocet saddle 2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 742
  • avocet saddle.jpg
    avocet saddle.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 742
Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":100mw3py said:
I'll be on the lookout for some Tange Prestige decals for the Switch blade legs and a bigger one for the bars.

I'm sure someone on here was selling some of the correct decals for the handlebars. I was going to get some for spares for mine, but never got round to it.

He had the sets, two rectangular foil decals, one 'Tioga' & the other 'Prestige'.

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":2zteu70v said:
boy"O"boy":2zteu70v said:
I'll be on the lookout for some Tange Prestige decals for the Switch blade legs and a bigger one for the bars.

I'm sure someone on here was selling some of the correct decals for the handlebars. I was going to get some for spares for mine, but never got round to it.

He had the sets, two rectangular foil decals, one 'Tioga' & the other 'Prestige'.

Thanks for the info - Couldn't find anything though?
Velocals.com will do the fork legs ones in the gold foil. Still searching for the handle bar one.

Looking to Purchase if any one has any for sale?

kingbling":2zteu70v said:

Quality! :cool: Thank you - Just re-read it again. Fantastic job! :cool:

Thank you all for the advise on the Avocet saddle - now installed.

The bike is cabled up and nearly there -

As mentioned in MR OX's thread, the LH shifter is broken. I've taken it apart and re- assembled but the ratchet does not work, so I'll be on the hunt for a replacement or spares replacement.

I'm also after a pair of good condition Shimano 735XT flat pedals - I bought some with ideas tidying up a rough pair, but they're a bit beyond 'Patina' and the repaint hasn't worked well. :oops:

Also after the aforementioned Handle bar and fork leg Tange Prestige decals.

Here's where I'm at the moment.

Almost there.... (note to self...better Camera pics needed!)

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• RB704XT17.jpg
    RB704XT17.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 652
  • RB704XT15.jpg
    RB704XT15.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 652
  • RB704XT16.jpg
    RB704XT16.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 651
  • RB70414.jpg