BotM October 2015 - 18 gears max NOMINATIONS

Re: Re:

Rampage":1de6zmkc said:
Quite like the Mirage, what price range was it when new?
Just wondering how much higher than my Merauder it was!

If my memory serves me correctly it was one down from my Chinook in the line up. Both had mostly Exage trail group but the Chinook had 531 compared to 501 on the Mirage. I think my Chinook was £300 or just over and the Mirage around £270

Re:

Wow looks like I entered the Mercian in the wrong month !
Oh well never mind my vote goes to it's Japanese tubed doppelgänger
Well done no doubt a winner

Well, I have something so fresh out of the stand that it hasn't been ridden yet. It would fit in with this theme well. Let me see if I can get some quality pictures before all the spaces fill up.

Here we go. After four years of researching, searching, cleaning, and installing, Just out of the stand for the final time today. Not going to win any favors yet from those who need to see it muddy. It's been a real fun journey:

Ductapes

1983 RITCHEY COMPETITION:

Link to build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=286027

Re:

I was going to cobble something together for this month... not a lot of point by the looks of it!

The Ritchey Comp is ridiculous.

al.

Didn't post my candidature in BOTM from a long time... ;)

Here's my '89 Scott Boulder (Skolioza's '89 Scott Boulder)
mint condition with some new parts, Tange Infinity tubes, full Deore MT60 gruppo with XT M730 post and Shark Fin

Clipboard07.jpg

IMG_0828.JPG

more pics if You want to look https://picasaweb.google.com/1021978808 ... 4984129170

Marcin

Retro Spud":21zztuy6 said:
makster":21zztuy6 said:
Proper retro-bikes!

As soon as I read the title of this months BOTM I instantly thought of you... And your lust for machinery pre 1990

You must have thought you'd died and gone to heaven when you saw 18 gears, especially as a lot of them will have double U brakes as well :D

Gotta ask, are you going to throw your hat into the ring ?
You can't short of a few serious contenders

Nick

Working on something that hasn't been entered before, but time is against me!

Rampage":23miilya said:

Was the chinook from the '89 range? Was keen to get the purple 1990 Mirage complete with 300LX which from memory retailed at a shade over 300 notes. The white '89 I ended up with was cheaper. Was the marauder not from the atb range like the mustang and lizard?

Ritchey rules!

John":1ua6efsg said:
Rampage":1ua6efsg said:

Was the chinook from the '89 range? Was keen to get the purple 1990 Mirage complete with 300LX which from memory retailed at a shade over 300 notes. The white '89 I ended up with was cheaper. Was the marauder not from the atb range like the mustang and lizard?

Ritchey rules!

Yes, the Chinook was bottom of the 'Lightweight' MTB range for '89. Not sure if it featured in '88 range too though.

Back