BoTM October 2009 - Nominations please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sod it !

I'm gonna throw my helmet in the ring ,
The Red Sled..........

Y2K Paul Sadoff Rock Lobster Team Tig SL . Tange Prestige , bridgeless chain stays Breeze cowelled dropouts and lovely gusset work too .
Looks suspiciously just like a Bonty frame .
(Aint no wall flower either !)
Just completed C2C .
Owned by me from maybe three months old , ex Team Merlin Cycles / Ian Cuthbertson frame .

I built it up originally with SuperFlys , full XT , WTB wheels and Easton EA70 / MG60 / carbon Monkey kit .

Now its been done with all period upgrades I couldnt afford BITD .
Hope XC hubs , XTR , King and Blingle . :)

Attachments

• ABCD0018.JPG
    ABCD0018.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,092
  • ABCD0020.JPG
    ABCD0020.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,092
Sheesh - so much for the quiet month already... :roll: Even the big guns are out for a BoTM scalp! The RB international credibility rating must have risen ever so slightly above freezing... What next - an entry from Mr. S. Regard??!

Thinks: there must be a catch.... ;) :LOL:

Mr K

Elev12k":18zvdd0i said:
With all respect, but I see some bikes that, while being very nice, consist of 90+% modernish material. I do see that the regulations do not foresee in that, but it is obvious that they won't get my vote.

LOL, hey, it is just the cranks and rear derailleur. The rest of the build is back to M950. Since this is my race bike, I need to be able to easily replace parts since the trails destroy parts! :D

1962 Gazelle racer with some patina - thoroughly old >>>

3704042553_c11b3440a1_b.jpg

Almost 100,000km (or is it 200,000? ...300,000?) going strong >>>

3704868540_d408710098_b.jpg

bushpig":298qzo3t said:
Elev12k":298qzo3t said:
With all respect, but I see some bikes that, while being very nice, consist of 90+% modernish material. I do see that the regulations do not foresee in that, but it is obvious that they won't get my vote.

LOL, hey, it is just the cranks and rear derailleur. The rest of the build is back to M950. Since this is my race bike, I need to be able to easily replace parts since the trails destroy parts! :D

Yes, I wouldn't let a tear when modernish parts are destroyed. Dispose and move on.

Now you mention your WTB: I spot a Fox, Thomson among more and in my view even m950 doesn't qualify for vintage. True, the later is period correct with the Phoenix, but maybe the m950 is just a representative from everything that made me lose interest in MTBs around that period, while a Phoenix isn't.

Some interesting bikes already this month, has all the makings of a classic :LOL:

Not too sure on the 29er though, is that a MY2007 :?

mechagouki":2orfcahn said:
a Team USA Attitude!

Just curious, is it normal to make up your own names for bikes on this forum?

50 years down the road someone's gonna wonder why it's called a Team USA Attitude and sadly nobody will know why or that it's even wrong.

There was a Team Issue build kit with this frame offered in in 90 and 91. Maybe that caused the confusion..?

Well, anyway, there's your factoid for the day. :) Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back