BotM June 2016 - aluminium special *NOMINATIONS PLEASE*

I'll post my latest acquisition, not for competition, just for fun because the Bradbury will win :cool:

Not much of a build thread, just bought it like this from the first owner, but here are a few more pics:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=350502

Peugeot Grisley team 1000 1993

p4pb13591132.jpg

p4pb13591254.jpg

Re:

I haven't entered anything in a while but guess there's no better time than a Special month to enter this one. This is my all time favourite bike, the one that I would run back into a fire to save before anything else.

I bought it as a frame back in 2009 its been a labour of love ever since, hunting down original parts from all over the retrobike world to get this to near factory perfect. There are parts bought from, gifted by or custom made by loads of RB members on here, a real collective effort to get it looking this good and one of the main reasons that I could never be parted from it.
I've spent far too much on this but I just get so much joy from it every time I look at it!

Pete_mcc's Pace RC100 #241:

ef2bcd7e93c7e7ec9c0815dd8e43be91_zps6vnxuubs.jpg

fc48872c37610f54e42075df1696b32b_zpsjpxmzm8f.jpg

Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=329183

It's just amazing to think they are 25 years old but had so many innovations like wide BB shells with press-fit bearings and thru axle cranks, aheadsets, asymmetric rear ends, one-piece stem/steerer before so many others. They were so far ahead of the curve that the bikes still look fresh today

I was never impressed with the pics of the RC100 in the MBUK mags back in 89 and always thought they looked too futuristic but you've managed to show how blind i was to the true beauty of the RC100 and your time and effort you've put into this bike has won me over " Big Time " as you've managed to show this little gem in it's true light so a big well done mate and good luck ;) ..

Is it too late to put it in?..............................................

Came third in june 2013. Really :facepalm:

The History Man":2oe5k7sc said:
Is it too late to put it in?..............................................

Came third in june 2013. Really :facepalm:

Stop waffling and get it entered :LOL: ..

Back