BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
This months theme is pretty simple; all entries must be lugged. I'm happy to include partially lugged frames too.

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

Nominations thread will run for the entire month. Entries submitted after August 31st will not be counted. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Link to competition rules: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=400256

Can’t decide if its ok to put the Titanius back in after last months close call, she is popular and very much lugged…… :|

***edit***

Ok, so after some Pm encouragement and Retro Spud prompt I guess I may as well re-enter the Titanius, I know it’s 2 strikes and you’re out and some might think it boring having the same bike up two months in a row, but the Titanius certainly does have stunning lugs... so here it is...

Peachys 1995 Claud Butler Titanius, steel lugged & titanium tubed.

Build thread; viewtopic.php?f=6&t=405760

Attachments

• Claud Butler Titanius (15).jpg
    Claud Butler Titanius (15).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,449
Re:

Shoulda saved the moots for this! I do have something else tho ... with faux lugs.

Re: Re:

jimi911":2wslie0o said:
Shoulda saved the moots for this! I do have something else tho ... with faux lugs.

If by some miracle the Moots doesn’t wipe the floor in July, it will still be allowed in this themed month... I’ve got a feeling that’s what everyone’s waiting to see...

Where are all the bonded carbon and aluminium's with lugs, Raleighs, Treks, Reflex etc, im sure its not just restricted to 80s conventional steel lugged frames is it....?

Faux Lugs, Fillet with Lugged bottom Bracket etc....? I would have thought there would have been multiple entries by now...?

sinnerman":1lz2xaci said:
restricted to 80s conventional steel lugged frames is it....?

That would be my understanding of 'lugs', but perhaps Adrian can confirm/clarify?
Not that I've got anything to enter either way!

Once A Hero":161moq46 said:
sinnerman":161moq46 said:
restricted to 80s conventional steel lugged frames is it....?

That would be my understanding of 'lugs', but perhaps Adrian can confirm/clarify?
Not that I've got anything to enter either way!

Heres the Specialized Example bonded Carbon to Titanium Lugs, im sure theres a few of these out there too,....?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    291.9 KB · Views: 3,878
Back