Boiled Urine...

Jimmy oldskool

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
A little rant off the back of an eBay transaction that went pear-shaped! :mad:

Purchased an immaculate set of USE Atom carbon bars, which match the bars on my Zaskar and were for my missus M2 Stumpy build, from a seller which were paid for and shipped straight away, however when the package arrived it seemed remarkably short!?

Upon opening it, it turns out that I had been sent a USE Shockpost by mistake! (A family member helping with postage mixed up the labels etc...It happens...)

Comms with the seller were fine, they apologised profusely and offered to give me a partial refund for my trouble, then unwind the mix up and get my bars back and send them straight on...Cool!

I repackaged the post, sent it back on it's merry way and said there was no need for a partial refund, just please send the bars ASAP...This is where the urine started to boil...

THE BELL END WHO HAS RECEIVED THE BARS BY MISTAKE INSTEAD OF HIS SEATPOST HAS DECIDED THAT HE WILL NOW KEEP THEM....:mad::mad::mad:

So...I hope they snap on him whilst he is on a nice fast downhill section of trail whilst I go back to finding another set of bars!!!

I really dislike some people....🤬

Thank you for listening...Rant Over...🫠

Surely there must be some eBay rule or condition which means the prat who receive the bars needs to return them. Otherwise that’s technically theft
I felt sad for OP so I just googled around a bit and it seems that many have either sent the wrong thing to a buyer, mixed up purchases, sent more expensive version and it seems there's no seller protection there at all. I would agree that if you receive someone else's paid for goods, and refuse to return, it is theft. I was also shocked to see that if you receive a more expensive model of something you're allowed to keep it and refuse return. Which would be illegal here unless you pay the difference. Seems that it is easy to screw over eBay sellers, and I'm guessing that a huge issue is also that even if there were rules in place, it'd likely still be up to the individual to sort out the legal stuff which would not be worth the time and money for a small seller

No, they can not keep it if it was sent by mistake, that is legally theft. By law you are only allowed to keep unsolicited goods.

Where it gets a bit complicated is through ebays automated delivery system. Ideally you should have just claimed a refund and let the seller sort the mistake, which would have been resolved straight away. However, you still can resolve it through bypassing the automated system and talking to Customer Support. They will resolve the case on your side, once they have heard the details and checked messages between you and the seller, also they will need to see proof of postage to the forwarding address. If you have all that still then they will issue a refund, the seller is responsible for getting the bars sent back to him from the other buyer, not you. If they refuse to send them back to the seller then the seller will be refunded and the buyer will have the funds taken accordingly.

The main point is it is actually the sellers responsibility to sort the situation, hopefully they will help which will make the process less complicated.

Sometimes you haven't got things until you've really got them.

The last pair of used carbon handlebars I bought (just last week, from the UK) arrived wrapped up in what looked like someone's used underwear. Then had scratches underneath them (not pictured in the original listing).

Latest posts

Back