Bmx cranksies on mountain biksies

We were well mullard at the table. The rucksak stock was for the night train to Berlin. Really happy days.

Sit back, and take a deep breath.......the tour guide was a perfectly bilingual Brit. I learnt that on average a Tuborg bottle got re-used 36 times. I look back now and think Wow!
36? Wonder how many times it gets reused now. Bottles truly are the golden standard, also when delivering them for my recycling fee, they're far easier than cans which require one by one manual insertion, the crate of bottles goes all in one which is fantastic.

Sounds like happy days indeed

Yeah, I was amazed back then but didn't have an inclining of it's significance.

Zoom on +20 years, and (finally) every time I go to the supermarket here I go with my own bags.

Sorry to go off topic about your cranks.

Charge bikes made some cranks that looked like BMX cranks welded cromo but were actually MTB cranks that used a standard MTB hollowtech BB

These would be perfect. I had a set, but sold them on. Good luck tracking them down. I think they came on one of their bikes.

They did weigh a metric tonne.

Yeah, I was amazed back then but didn't have an inclining of it's significance.

Zoom on +20 years, and (finally) every time I go to the supermarket here I go with my own bags.

Sorry to go off topic about your cranks.
Worst thing is when I shop from Germany and they aren't registered for the recycling fee. I still take them of course, but I don't get a single cent.

People do get rather annoyed though as I often come with 100+ bottles and cans due to my love of sparkling water and bevvy.

You're based in France right? How's the recycling there?

Also no worries about derailing, every single one of my threads in the last month or so has been home to a wide array of debate, often with little relation to the actual topic, as you probably recall from my Parcelmonkey excursion.

Charge bikes made some cranks that looked like BMX cranks welded cromo but were actually MTB cranks that used a standard MTB hollowtech BB

These would be perfect. I had a set, but sold them on. Good luck tracking them down. I think they came on one of their bikes.

They did weigh a metric tonne.
Reckon it might end up being easier just getting the profiles than sourcing such a set, but I'll keep an eye out. Thank you for the information.

I am still pining for bmx cranks, but I'll have to make sure it's financially feasible. The idea of getting a non Profile crankset and Profiles spindle individually is still brewing in my head, but I have a hard time spending around 280 quid and then not get Profile.

Well since you asked......my relation with France is on and off, but suffice to say today compared with Scandinavia it's catching up leaps and bounds. Pretty much now all packaging goes for recycling. As far as bottles goes, there is long history of re-cycling, but not direct re-use like in Denmark. I live in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, where, ermmmh, let's say an area where people don't hold back, the bottle banks are amusingly right sized.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What kind of spindle do they use? The 6 inch profile one only comes in 48 spline

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've written to the fella that is selling them. He'll measure the spindle Monday. If it's not large enough I guess getting a Profile spindle could be on the table. It came off an orange 222

Latest posts

Back