Bmx cranksies on mountain biksies

I have some for sale that look a little similar! Are yours scalloped on the back of the arms? Mine weigh around 340 grams 🤣
I'd say keep your legs spinning and no grinding big gears and you might be ok......for a while!
Yes, scalloped, were they not I would feel safer. The only brand I trust scalloped is Middleburn.

Checked yours. Near identical, though mine attach the spider with 3 small bolts rather than a locking ring, which adds to my fear.

Must be a great feeling having survived a round of Russian roulette....do keep us posted 😘
I might change my mind and keep mine !
They're lovely looking though and they feel solid enough. Probably not more prone to cracking than ordinary cooks anyways. Might fit them to my rockhopper. The KM deserves something better.

I agree they do feel ok certainly make a nice hard ping sound when flicked with a finger.
Fit em up with a steel bolt...!

So the headset issues I mentioned have been sorted. The old cane creek 10 has been thrown in the bin and a lovely cane 40 has been fitted and it's starting to look like a bike..

Never had a harder set of headset cups to remove, reckon it welded together as it's alu. I was dripping with sweat. Took 40 mins of banging. Banging with myself.

I did everything on the floor, I do have a repair stand but I injured my foot with a big rusty nail while gardening.

I am really tempted to use the Chinese takeaway cranks. Just look at how it'd fit! 20220613_163203.jpg 20220613_180210.jpg 20220613_180318.jpg

So the headset issues I mentioned have been sorted. The old cane creek 10 has been thrown in the bin and a lovely cane 40 has been fitted and it's starting to look like a bike..

Never had a harder set of headset cups to remove, reckon it welded together as it's alu. I was dripping with sweat. Took 40 mins of banging. Banging with myself.

I did everything on the floor, I do have a repair stand but I injured my foot with a big rusty nail while gardening.

I am really tempted to use the Chinese takeaway cranks. Just look at how it'd fit!View attachment 635343View attachment 635344View attachment 635345
Yup....it's a given thing ... they're goin on 👍

Latest posts

Back