Bike Smuggling - Overburys Pioneer 3 Hour Build.

Your starter for ten.

Current wheel at front. Marin at back in case you can't tell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 181
So did Neil fit the correct 130 length as he said or not....?

<looks in shed at 7spd wheels>

Araya VP20 on HG50 hubs - 135mm

M650 DX hubs on Araya CV7 - 135mm

Bontrager on LX M560 - 135mm

Bontrager on HG50 hubs - 135mm

Sun Chinnook on M732 hubs - 135mm

Bontrager on M563 hubs - 135mm

Bontrager on M560 hubs - 130mm - Yay found some!

Deerhead HB-MN72 - 126mm - Eh? Well, as they are from around 1983...

looking at a paralytic rear hub right now, yes, this very moment, and those two hubs look like 135mm the way the grip nut and spacer sits proud of the rubber seal.

I was under the impression that despite the u-brake, the frame was mid nineties?

Anyway, because we are so great at guessing/ predicting wheel sizes what do we win?

Attachments

• OLD PREDICTOR.jpg
    OLD PREDICTOR.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 215
legrandefromage":2rpxzeyw said:
I was under the impression that despite the u-brake, the frame was mid nineties?

Anyway, because we are so great at guessing/ predicting wheel sizes what do we win?

I know you know better than that... :cool:

I suspect CCE has had the baby by now......lol.

So come on....... did Neil do it right and fit the correct 130mm axle as he said he did, or is it the 135mm, as CCE so desperately wants it to be?

Sorry that took so long. Have you ever tried to balance a wheel, a set of vernier calipers and an ipad while taking a picture at just the right angle to settle an argument about 5mm? And then do it all again?

Also had to wait for a neighbour to pop round to independently verify my measurements and to help 'twat' the wheel back into the frame. He's an engineer so all good.

Well without further deliberation. Both wheels fit with a little springing but not a problem.

So who gets to punch the air, and who gets to prevaricate on their previous position.

135mm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 205
Back