"The Duke" of hazard.... Bigfoot Build for the mrs.

unit3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Quick build I have done over the last day or two for the Mrs to get her leg over :LOL:

Sure some of you will know this frame as it was in the ownership of Luke "the Duke" for a few years.
Well a couple of months back I was lucky enough to become it's new owner due to Luke moving to pastures new.

So to the build, as the frame I have had painted for the Mrs is not yet ready due to decals not being ready and still looking for some parts, we decided to do a retro/mod build on the Bigfoot so we can both get out on bikes while off from work.

Some of the parts I chose, but the main finishing kit she chose, not to everyone's taste, but it's great that she has a small interest in my past time :)

Anyway, enough chit chat, here's some pictures. Excuse the girly seat, she's a little to delicate for a flight ;)

Spec is:

Manitou Magnum forks.
Syncros bar and stem.
Mavic headset (as fitted by Luke)
M737 front and rear mech's.
M739 V-brakes.
LX cranks.
Cheap pedals.
Shimano "modern" wheels set.
Tioga Psycho tyres.
Red anno seat post.
MASSIVE girl saddle :facepalm:
Yellow lock on grips.
White Jagwire cables and housings.

P1000196_zps23467732.jpg

P1000202_zps5d292da8.jpg

P1000203_zps1c4d6473.jpg

And a nod to the man :cool: ........

P1000204_zps7bf6ccfb.jpg

Is it that bad :?:

:facepalm:

Well we went for a ride in the frosty morning, she says it rides real nice, only found the bars to be a little narrow for her to feel 100% confident, so will look at changing them..

IMAG1494_zps65b8b207.jpg

unit3":2g2tzowk said:

Sorry to say they're not high on many peoples list :cry:

Had you built a Alpinestars you'd have had more than a few comments, even if they were enquires as to Cracks
Had it been British Steel rather than Ali you might have had a few takers also

My Ozone's a keeper, hope your Bigfoot finds a perminent place in the stable

I always liked elevated stays, perhaps normally not as good looking but practical. Half fancy a building a Alpinestar ti.

Skynet":2z1l4ski said:
I always liked elevated stays, perhaps normally not as good looking but practical. Half fancy a building a Alpinestar ti.

Got your eye on the one for sale on Ebay ?

Re:

Just noticed this thread
They are very underestimated frames these,yours looks to be very purposeful
Can't wait to get mine together

Retro Spud":2ifqughj said:
unit3":2ifqughj said:

Sorry to say they're not high on many peoples list :cry:

Had you built a Alpinestars you'd have had more than a few comments, even if they were enquires as to Cracks
Had it been British Steel rather than Ali you might have had a few takers also

My Ozone's a keeper, hope your Bigfoot finds a perminent place in the stable

Thanks Spud, I did build a cro-meg alpine which I loved, but it now has a new home.

I hope this to be a keeper, they are genuinely rare so worth keeping hold of, it will get a different build at some point, this is just a stand in for the Mrs.

Yours is just lovely, would like to do a 3dv/anno blue build in the future :cool:

Skynet":2ifqughj said:

Go for it, they certainly ride well :)

retroyetiguy":2ifqughj said:
Very nice build :cool: .

Thanks buddy :cool:

Tc":2ifqughj said:
Just noticed this thread
They are very underestimated frames these,yours looks to be very purposeful
Can't wait to get mine together

Cheers mate, it will get a full refurb/rebuild in the future.
Look forward to seeing yours built in the future :cool:

Re:

Great to see it built back up and getting some use again! It really is a great frame and (I think) much better looking than a lot of e-stays.

I think she is a lucky girl!

Elevated chain stays frames look much better in smaller sizes IMHO. I just put my finger in the pic over the red seatpost and I think it would look much better with a black one. But, the real important thing is: "it's great that she has a small interest in my past time" :)

Cheers!

Back