"Aurora" Mountain Klein

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":3o81mt7d said:
Not sure where you are with headsets, but those shimano headsets have a low stack height so just watch check how much steerer you have to play with before spending a load of dosh on something else.

I couldn't get a g master to fit my Overburys that had been wearing a dx headset
Haven't made much progress really other than watching a few on eBay but your question has made me investigate...

An HP-M737 has a stack height of 37.6mm and according to VeloBase a Tange G Master is 45mm (7.4mm difference). I think under normal circumstances this would be a no-go, but I am planning on replacing the locking nut with a Suntour head binder which might be enough to span the difference. Do you still have your G Master? If you do could you take some measurements?

Swede":1hxjyyhq said:
ez054098":1hxjyyhq said:
That MC1 is sooooo cool!
Thanks; I think so too :D . As the fork has the pink/purple/blue fade, I thought the MC-1 needed to go the same way too. There's quite a lot of blue showing but once the controls are fitted the fades should be about right. Had to PM Jon the picture below for reference.
That's what I was thinking. Should be just right.

Swede":2el4sn2o said:
xxnick1975":2el4sn2o said:
Not sure where you are with headsets, but those shimano headsets have a low stack height so just watch check how much steerer you have to play with before spending a load of dosh on something else.

I couldn't get a g master to fit my Overburys that had been wearing a dx headset
Haven't made much progress really other than watching a few on eBay but your question has made me investigate...

An HP-M737 has a stack height of 37.6mm and according to VeloBase a Tange G Master is 45mm (7.4mm difference). I think under normal circumstances this would be a no-go, but I am planning on replacing the locking nut with a Suntour head binder which might be enough to span the difference. Do you still have your G Master? If you do could you take some measurements?

Will do

Re:

Got this back a week or so now but I've been a little distracted with other things at home to put some photos up.

Photographing this bike is bloody difficult :x . It's basically DayGlo pink and consequently none of my photos look anything like reality!

Here's a few shots of the repairs (amazing job! :cool: ) to get on with whilst I try and get some shots of the frame/fork/MC1 together.

Attachments

• IMG_6281_comp.jpg
    IMG_6281_comp.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_5984.JPG
    IMG_5984.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_6279.jpg
    IMG_6279.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_5975.jpg
    IMG_5975.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_6283.jpg
    IMG_6283.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_5993.JPG
    IMG_5993.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_6282.jpg
    IMG_6282.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_5979.JPG
    IMG_5979.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 538
Re:

Turning the ISO right up and taking the photo in the dark seems to work!

What do you think? IMG_6295 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back