"Aurora" Mountain Klein

Re: Re:

doctor-bond":1mfvrxmh said:
Rolller/needle bearings are cool. How period do you have to be? Tange are still making their roller headset under various guises: rivbike have them, and IRD market them.

I use Stronglight because they are light and easy to find.
The frame is '88 and the groupset I'm going for is '89, so I'm happy to go plus or minus a few years! The Interloc is nice but it would aggravate my OCD :oops: . I've only found one photo of a black G Master and that was broken, so I get the impression it may take a little time to find one or I use something else.

I've got a Stronglight on the 'dale which is nice but I'm after something different.

mojo ti":2m2y0ihi said:
I just read the whole post , it really is a very nice project .
I will follow with interest .
Thank you. It's another long incubation period with this one!

Re:

A few more items have arrived over the last week or so :cool: .

Attachments

• IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_6241.JPG
    IMG_6241.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 377
Re:

Just received some photos from Jon... 4510256_orig.jpg

Attachments

• 4695679_orig.jpg
    4695679_orig.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 333
  • 3218719_orig.jpg
    3218719_orig.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Re:

Not sure where you are with headsets, but those shimano headsets have a low stack height so just watch check how much steerer you have to play with before spending a load of dosh on something else.

I couldn't get a g master to fit my Overburys that had been wearing a dx headset

ez054098:2rmo5r5y said:
That MC1 is sooooo cool!
Thanks; I think so too :D . As the fork has the pink/purple/blue fade, I thought the MC-1 needed to go the same way too. There's quite a lot of blue showing but once the controls are fitted the fades should be about right. Had to PM Jon the picture below for reference. IMG_0493.JPG

Last edited:
Back