Anyone else notice how slow sales are at the moment?

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":3rsq1ft6 said:
You literally can't give things away sometimes, I notice there's been one or two people with karma stuff that hasn't been snapped up like it would have been once upon a time.

I've just decided it's time to give up trying to sell anything, it's very hard work, probably for all the reasons given in another thread on here re. the state of retrobiking. Plus all I have left is low end crap anyway! :facepalm: :LOL:

It's the time of year maybe, just been down in Devon/Dorset over the weekend Coomber, and the local pubs were dead, though I do think that may have much to do with the general attitude of the landlords sometimes. Having said that, I think it's been difficult on here selling wise all year....

Yep, think a lot of sensible heads are on. I've seen a few frames cheap I like, but I dont really need them and think what it will cost in bits to finish so haven't bothered. Seems a lot others are doing the same.

Selling a few bits in a clear out has been hard, even some bits I would have got a tenner for a year ago I am giving away for postage.

With the chancers on ebay like pb*bikes selling NOS parts at 2-4 times MSRP you'd think like parts priced at 50-60% would get snapped up. Everyone seems to want mint used for tatty prices.

legrandefromage":283f1f6f said:
It doesnt help that my paypal is empty.

I've just checked my ebay account: £31,000 in sales since 2004!

How do you do that? would make interesting reading

Hi mate. Yes it's slow but no worse than last year at this time. I've had a few sales but nothing to set the world alight. Decided to hold on to some stuff and do a Bike Jumble in Bristol when the weather improves next Spring.

I've had a 1951 Rudge Pathfinder on Ebay for some time now at £99. Absolute bargain. 21 watchers but no-one has taken a punt on it yet. This would have fetched substantially more 6 months ago!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back