Answer Atac team cut stem help

Re:

I'd be surprised if they ran a special tool for the relief so I bet it's the same dia. as the steerer end. Maybe measure that and butt a bit of tube up to the relief and see?

Re:

It makes sense for the guys at Answer to just use the same tool. But I think Frank or Chris might have done the original mods.. I guess using whatever tool they had.

Re: Re:

Benjaminbt":1tt21155 said:
It makes sense for the guys at Answer to just use the same tool.

No it doesn't. A tubing miter is basically a heavy duty hole saw. You don't get that finish/accuracy
with one. But what do I know. I'm just some dummy that makes satellite transmitter parts for a living.

IMG_2373_zpso0gechef.jpg

Benjaminbt":301ftxfh said:
Hey everyone. Looking for some help to know the inner and outer dimension measurements of the hole cut in the front of the stem. Any help on this would be great :)

This is my photo of a stem I sold about a year ago. The "team cut" modifications originated when Chris Herting, while at Yeti, took ATAC stems and milled out sections for weight savings. FTW also made stem mods. Since these mods are all performed by hand, there's no real "standard" measurement. I've seen hand mods performed by CH and FTW and they're different. As far as I know, the folks at Answer never offered these mods on their stem.

I'm not sure whether the stem in your photo is the actual stem you're planning on using on your Ultimate, but if so, it wont fit as it's 1 1/8.

Re:

These are the best close up photos on the internet I could find. I'll thank you for that. I've noticed one hole from pictures that looks more squared off too.. And others that look to be just drilled out. The stem I've got is a 1 1/4, with the team cap and titanium bolts. No cuts though.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 287
Back