Aluminium Frame lightweight build project IDEAS?

how about a klein pulse pro, not a real klein but very light and cheap because its not as desirable, i am just starting my klein build will let you know weights once all bits gathered, i am going single speed as all my others are geared and i thought hell it must be good if so many others are raving about it.

cheers

stubbsy :D

kaiser":39jokzyu said:
3.0 series dale would be my starting point.

yup,
great little frames and so underrated. I just built one up for a friend, tidy frame, tange fork, mixture of XT and XC pro and it was around 21lbs. A good frame can be picked up for around £100.
Forget about the crack n Fail bollocks, my SM600 is 24 years old and crack free. I think they are nicer than Kleins too- both in looks and ride.

Si

i built a beast of the east not long ago ,christine as its known in macretro
circles even without watching the scales its on the 20lbs mark
dont think it rides as well as the GT tho ,but still a nice bike

I bought a Dyna-Tech MT4 frame, added RC30s, xt V's and then turned it into a 1x9 with a real mix of mid spec / modern drive train. The intention was to have a light fun ride for the local single-track, all on as small a budget as possible. It worked a treat, and is so rewarding.....only problem is that it's now tempting me to spend spend spend on lighter wheels, titanium bb, etc ..... :roll: :roll:

Most of the weight is in the tyres, innertubes, bottom bracket and back wheel. If you can keep these down with titanium bits in your £600 budget, the rest should come easily.

Most of my bikes seem to way 30lbs no matter what I do...

I had a 99 Schwinn Homegrown Factory (Yeti made) that was a phenomenal climber. Not sure about the frame weight but I'm pretty sure it wasn't much over three pounds--much of which could be attributed to the thick bassboat paint.

That Merlin frame you gave me is bloody light and a bit of a looker. You are welcome to have her back if you want her ;)

Mike, that old Merlin not quite what I'm looking for. Still can't believe it didn't sell when you listed it :shock:

That GT Lightning down in Cardiff is nice but I've already got a Ti GT (watch this space ;)) Thanks for the heads up though.

I outed a Psyclone on the ebay marketplace watch, think gm***** already outed it earlier. Would absolutely love to own this frame, already looking at things to sell to fund a possible purchase, but already thinking that a bidding war might occur with some guys from the other side of the pond. So I'm not getting my hopes up :(

I'm thinking steel may be the way, what I would also settle for is a late 90's GT Bravado 18". Anybody got one or know of one? Will post in the 'wanted' section shortly

Back