For Sale Adapterplate for 22mm Hayes to Flatmount

Mr. Orange

Klein Fan
Hi there!
In another thread I already mentioned that I have some discbrake adapters for sale to fit on a few types of bike frames from the end 90's to early 00's.
Only a few years Brands like Trek, Gary Fisher, Klein and perhaps a few others, made their frames to fit 22mm chainstay discbrakes of Hayes. The so called 'parallel mount'. This standard only lived for a few years, till the nowadays mounting stds, like flat- and postmount came up.
These frames however, are still alive and kicking.
Myself I own a 1999 GF Mt Tam, which I may upgrade to discbrakes in the future, but is nowadays still running wild with Magura rim brakes. First I am doing a project to create Gravel bike based on a vintage Trek sl mtb frame also prepared with the rare discbrake mounts. So I had to have discbrake adapters to fit some nice Hope flatmounts. Since laser uiting multiple precies is much cheaper then Just 1 or 2, I had made more and are some left for sale...
Lightweight, made of aluminum. They can go for 15 euro's each and shipping costs.
See picture below. Let me know if your interested. I'm based in NL, so please consider that in case of shipping.
Kind regards,

Mr. Orange

Attachments

• 20231023_195434.jpg
    20231023_195434.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 22
Hi all,
I'm a little lost in getting a good overview of what would be beter... Offering them through E-bay, or get a Pay-pal account... It is not that I am planning to start a business, just want to break even on costs, and help people to offer a nice looking adapter is the biggest benefit for me.

Advice in what to do and what % I have to calculate, not to loose to much on unforeseen additional costs by these parties.

Thanks in avances!

New to the forum, but just got a Schwinn Homegrown that I’d love to convert to a flat mount disc. I would actually buy a few of them depending on the price.

If you want to reach out to the Schwinn Homegrown Facebook group, myself and several others will likely buy some from you.

Best,

Drew

Hi all,
I'm a little lost in getting a good overview of what would be beter... Offering them through E-bay, or get a Pay-pal account... It is not that I am planning to start a business, just want to break even on costs, and help people to offer a nice looking adapter is the biggest benefit for me.

Advice in what to do and what % I have to calculate, not to loose to much on unforeseen additional costs by these parties.

Thanks in avances!
I would just get a PayPal account and make a post or two on the Facebook pages for retrobike people. Klein, Schwinn, Cannondale, and Vintage mtb all have their own pages. That way you don’t have to deal with eBay.

Hi All,
Sorry for my radiosilence...
Had been seriuosly busy with work, then early march had to clear my mind, packed one of my bikes and set off for a bike trip.
Now back and fresh again. 😃
Have a PayPal account, so i think i am ready to serve some people an adapter.
At the moment I have 8 available. First i'll get in contact with the people Who contacted me earlier, to see if they are still interested.
Do my best to react asap to make you happy with the adapters.

Hello, I am interested in an adaptor Hayes 22mm to flatmount. Is there another one available? What are the costs including shipping to Germany? Kind regards

hiya- I'm converting by 99 KLEIN Attitude for disc brakes. I've gotten nowhere with my local bike shops... all the mechanics are kids and claim this can't be done as no one makes the correct parts. I have a Small frame- any concerns with your part working with Avid BB7 calipers and 160 mm discs? do you still have this available? I am happy to purchase via Paypal account and pay for shipping to USA. thanks!

Back