A Kona to keep....? Doubtful with me! '95 Cindy content.....

Re:

Bloody lovely!!

Lightweight and you can tell, tyres shouldn't really have been able to cope with some of what I went through but they were spectacularly good (considering) in the mud, and a treat on the road. Pedals a bit frightening with just ordinary trainers on..... :LOL:

And my arse got very muddy. And the freshly trued wheels pinged a bit alarmingly a couple of times even though I thought I'd bedded them in....but they're fine and true still.

I'm off to put everything I was wearing through the washing machine now.... :facepalm:

Re:

:cool:

Fantastic. Sounds like yours gave you a bit of a fight though setting it up. Was surprised how quick this one went together, but then again, no disc brakes and single speed, so....was never going to be a long job!

Top job Kaz :cool: and i'm not surprised you enjoyed the ride out as tbh it does look a fun bike to ride which reminds me i must get my Fire Mountain sorted ..

Re:

Thanks Ian :cool:

They are amazing bikes, any of the Konas, even the lower ones in the range seem to ride fantastically. Today was a reminder to stop fiddle arsing about and Just Get Out And Ride!!!!

Even if it does leave one with rather a lot of extra washing.... :roll:

Your welcome Kaz ;) and your right about the lower ranged Konas going by the one i've got even though it only went out once up the road it felt amazingly agile which is quite surprising when you consider the firemountain is like twice the weight of the old Lavadome ..

Yes i admit those cable fittings on the cross bar look as though they could cause some serious damage if your not too careful but other than that your bike looks real sweet ! ;) ..

Re:

Please forgive the intrusion but I was looking at you Cinder Cone thinking that looks familiar :shock:
Then I remembered, I've got a '95' Cinder Cone frame set here.

Re:

;)

They are bloody gorgeous, I think it's got to be the best colour they did, plus mine seems really light, I weighed the frame and wrote the weight down somewhere, can't find it now....sure it was well under 2kgs for the bare frame!

Just under 4lbs for an mtb frame is pretty amazing when you think that their are road bike frames out there which aren't much lighter than that and they don't get the same abuse that an mtb does either ..

Back