A budget based dilemna - wanted list, or bike for sale!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Having a bit of a dilemna, as I am trying to build up my little Spesh as a proper off roader, as now have the Sunn as my 'gravel/road bike'. Trouble is, I had enough financial issues and ill health before this current crisis, and as I start to build it, I am short of so many things, I wonder if it's viable to carry on without spending a small fortune I don't have! To that end, here is my wanted list -

- Forks, very much preferably some usable suss ones, as I want to use it on some rough local terrain. Cosmetically challenged is fine, as long as they don't need rebuilding for the time being. Failing that, anything sus corrected in rigid form with at least 180mm of ahead 1 1/8" steerer and V brake mounts

- V brake set (F & R and levers)

- Possibly a set of cranks/single ring if they are lighter than the crappy ones I have off an old Kona at the mo!

- Possibly a set of pedals, road orientated would be fine, as I could put them on the Sunn and use the DMR's off that. Non SPD though, thanks!

Also, I was kind of assuming I would use the single speed wheelset off the Sunn and just share them between bikes, but I do have a reasonable spare front wheel I could use, if anyone had a back to go with it. Then I may also think about a 1 x 8 set up, and therefore need gear shifters and a cassette... :p

The alternative to all this is to sell what I have - Spesh RockHopper frame in red, about 15", in alu, with lots of scrapes and paint loss but no dings or cracks. With long seat post and a saddle/clamp, faded but good FSA headset, decent BB, and the cheap but usable chainset as mentioned above. I could provide a stem/bars/grips/chain and lovely 105 rear road mech for extra. About £50 for the basic package.

Thanks for reading this far, and stay safe everyone!

Kaz

Re:

I'm sure I've got full set of avids including levers you can have for karma. And definitely got a few sets of pedals... Again karma. Will have a look

Are you still localish?

Re:

I have some Manitou sus forks in working condition going cheap also have a full set of M600 V brakes and levers with all bolts and some NOS Odessey anno blue caged pedals which im not going to use.
send me a PM if interested.

Re:

Whoa! Thank you all so much for your responses, I am really touched by your generosity! Have just come back in from the workshop to type an answer on the lap top as I can't see to type on my fone! :LOL:

I'll answer people better this evening.

Splatter Paint - think it's a 97/98, so I guess it would have come with about 80mm travel forks originally? Not sure what that equates to, axle to crown ?

Dandy - fantastic, thank you, will message you later or answer on here. No, no longer local, sorry!

Gruff - may well get back to you later!

Back