95 Kona Explosif

Re: Re:

konaman1":30y7ihg3 said:
Nice build, similar to my own '95 Explosif but you need to turn the dog collar back the other way dude! I believe Al was referring to the inset pic as being the wrong way round. The elongated slot in the seat tube needs to line up with the dog collar. :cool:

Glad you said that. I thought I was going mad. I thought Al must of been talking about some tiny period correct detail or something :LOL: ... I actually turned it back already, made no sense otherwise!

Been a while...

I've been stuck to riding the road bike over the last couple of months, slogging through the worst weather, but managed to get out last week for a couple of laps at Sherwood pines after a stay at Centreparcs.

Bike was great... whipped round in a respectable time and kept up with my mate on his 29er Full suspension bike; and overtook a couple of mega-bucks-storm-trooper-pyjama-wearing-body-armour bikers to boot!

I kept it in big ring most of the time- not due to my insane power but more the fact the chain was slapping about like mad! Got to love a 20 year old mech spring.... might take a link outta the chain to tighten things up.

Also the cheap single sided SPD pedals i used MUST GO!!

No pics of the actual riding but here's a pic with the latest spec, taken while in the car park.....

20190301_102212.jpg

I Have a beautiful example of this same model year same color, the Columbus Max tubing is superb, keep it restore it and enjoy the ride! I have a period correct stem you can have for cheap
I would do the P2 triple butted but only an opinion
good luck

Back