93-94 Dave Yates Donkis Nob

DynaCol":wwiny0l6 said:
retroyetiguy":wwiny0l6 said:
Yeah, the good thing is being near Newcastle and Gosforth is loads of bikes that he has built turn up , if it's either a Joe Waugh , Yates or M Steels. A bloke we met on the ferry to Holland fitted his kitchen at his house down in Licolnshire,
Right enough, never thought about that. So do you use the line "I know Dave Yates kitchen fitter" in social situations as an icebreaker? :LOL: Small world eh.

Yeah, nearly all yates that turn up are around the north , many were bought , used then chucked in the shed. My guitar teacher has a Yates road bike which he bought new, I didn't know until he asked could I sort his mountain bikes gears out and right next to me was a Blue Yates drowned im Campag.

It was a pretty weird trip over to Holland, we were on the Tyne ferry and this Lycra clad bloke came over and started admiring my friends Yates wayfarer tourer and he just burst out with, " I fitted his kitchen" . Then on the DFDS ferry a bloke on the top deck came over and said were we the cyclists waiting in front of him in the queue. he was going over in his Land Rover and at home him and his wife had a Thorn and a Yates tourer. It certainly is a small world :LOL: .

Re:

Last couple of bits for the build have arrived!

Attachments

• Final parts!.jpg
    Final parts!.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 489
Re:

Glad to see this will get treated well. I was tempted for a long time and was kinda glad to see it sell :LOL:

Re: Re:

raidan73":28ar5qcr said:
Glad to see this will get treated well. I was tempted for a long time and was kinda glad to see it sell :LOL:
I'll do my best. Went back to the original sale thread a few times expecting it to be sold too then finally took the plunge, seemed a shame to not have it being used.

Re:

Hey nice to see your using some sachs.

I had the review of the groupset somewhere. But you seldom see it now!.

Also that is a lovely lovey yates... :)

Re: Re:

passiflora":3dcilzhm said:
Hey nice to see your using some sachs.

I had the review of the groupset somewhere. But you seldom see it now!.

Also that is a lovely lovey yates... :)
I'm using a bit more than "some" sachs :LOL: , the brake levers were the last piece I was looking for to complete my Quarz groupset (still don't have the chainset but prefer the look of what I've got anyway). Took nearly 2 years of hunting but it's finally complete :D . Would be good to see that review if you can find it.

Re:

I will try and have a look, but not sure if I sold the magazine in question :facepalm:

Anyway should be a epic build watching with interest :LOL:

Re:

Few pic's of the Quarz bits, more to come.

Attachments

• Sachs Quarz Hubs & Cassette.jpg
    Sachs Quarz Hubs & Cassette.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 452
  • Sachs Quarz Rear Mech.jpg
    Sachs Quarz Rear Mech.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 452
  • Sachs Quarz FM.jpg
    Sachs Quarz FM.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Sachs Power Grip Extreme Shifters.jpg
    Sachs Power Grip Extreme Shifters.jpg