93-94 Dave Yates Donkis Nob

DynaCol":3auw3214 said:
regan_ev":3auw3214 said:
A very impressive finished article! Well done! :cool:
Thanks, it's finished for now :LOL: . Always a bit of tinkering to do though :?
Sure, I can relate to that! A case of "continuous improvement" opposed to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"! There's always a tweak to perform here and there... :LOL:

firedfromthecircus":2o3y4xej said:
Looks great Col. :cool:
Cheers, it'll get an outing some time next year but I might wait for the slightly better weather (which in this country may never come I know :LOL: ).

Re:

A nice blanketing of snow yesterday allowed me to get the bike out for some better pic's this morning. I've got another stem coming and may change the seatpost just to see how it looks before deciding if it's finished or not :LOL: . Will update when I've got the bits but here's a few pic's in the mean time.

Attachments

• Donkis Nob 2.jpg
    Donkis Nob 2.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 719
  • Donkis Nob 3.jpg
    Donkis Nob 3.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 719
  • Donkis Nob 4.jpg
    Donkis Nob 4.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 719
  • Donkis Nob.jpg
    Donkis Nob.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 719
Great photos of a great bike! Wonderful job :)

Re:

After riding the bike in anger for the first time I could see there were a few "improvements" to be made. The frame has a fairly long top tube and even with the short stem fitted it was still a bit of a reach so I've fitted an in-line USE post. The front end is quite low too so fitted the RC35's to raise it up a bit without ruining the handling. Finally the Quarz brakes were a bit lacking in power so have gone with V-brakes (which I bought new at the same time as the wheels in 96).
My hands took a bit of a pounding so have fitted some Grab on grips and barends to make it a bit more comfortable for longer rides (all colour matched of course!).

It's a shame to lose the colour matched forks but being able to ride the bike comfortably is more important long term. Better pic's to follow when I get it out for ride.

Attachments

• RC35's Fitted 2.jpg
    RC35's Fitted 2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 543
  • RC35's Fitted 1.jpg
    RC35's Fitted 1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 543
Can't go wrong with a pair of RC35s - still suit the frame :)

Si_33":33yb6lu3 said:
Can't go wrong with a pair of RC35s - still suit the frame :)
If I was the one getting the bike custom built back in the day it would've been fitted with these forks. One thing I forgot to mention too was that when I removed the P2's it would appear that one of the drop outs is beginning to separate from the fork leg so just as well I swapped them out :shock:

Back