1993 “one of a kind” Dave Yates DONKIS NOB

That's Lovely.......... :cool:

Tell me, about your thoughts on the rear wish bone and why you think it was apparently a Roberts Dog Bolox seat stay...?

The Dogs Rear wishbone is two parts and several different materials, I have never seen one that isnt, it is almost part of the Dogs Bolox DNA.

I have the same 653 rear wishbone seat View attachment 594201View attachment 594202stay with Cluedo/Chess Piece cable hanger on my Dave Yates Vulcan.

Have i missed something....? Tell me more...?
When I had the conversations with Dave before the frame was built I had asked him whether it would be possible to build it with wishbone stays as I had previously been riding oranges and liked how they rode , the better mud clearance they gave and the look . He said he would see what he could do as he didn’t have any of the tubing needed to do it , as it transpired he said he would ask Chas Roberts for some tubing from the wishbone stays from the DOGS BOLX . It’s not often you see Vulcans but in fairness the stats do look very similar. Either way I guess it’s still the only DONKIS NOB with wishbone stays

When I had the conversations with Dave before the frame was built I had asked him whether it would be possible to build it with wishbone stays as I had previously been riding oranges and liked how they rode , the better mud clearance they gave and the look . He said he would see what he could do as he didn’t have any of the tubing needed to do it , as it transpired he said he would ask Chas Roberts for some tubing from the wishbone stays from the DOGS BOLX . It’s not often you see Vulcans but in fairness the stats do look very similar. Either way I guess it’s still the only DONKIS NOB with wishbone stays
Please don't think it was a criticism. It wasn't.

Dave Yates running out of tubing to achieve your request of a Rear wishbone, so sourced his tubing from Roberts makes sense.
What confused me completely was the ref to the Roberts Dogs Bolox, the DB doesn't use any Reynolds 653, its uses Reynolds 753 and Columbus SL for this model year and is silver soldered with a two piece approach much like a Bontrager.

Our rear Seatstays look identical to me, and the fact it is still Reynolds 653 demonstrates Daves thought Process when choosing steel and fabricating his approach to what others like Dave lloyd and Chas Roberts were bringing to market at the time.

What you have there my friend is a sublime ride, which im sure is the reason you have kept it all these years , and not just for its provenance.

This is a BOTM winner for me. :cool:

Please don't think it was a criticism. It wasn't.

Dave Yates running out of tubing to achieve your request of a Rear wishbone, so sourced his tubing from Roberts makes sense.
What confused me completely was the ref to the Roberts Dogs Bolox, the DB doesn't use any Reynolds 653, its uses Reynolds 753 and Columbus SL for this model year and is silver soldered with a two piece approach much like a Bontrager.

Our rear Seatstays look identical to me, and the fact it is still Reynolds 653 demonstrates Daves thought Process when choosing steel and fabricating his approach to what others like Dave lloyd and Chas Roberts were bringing to market at the time.

What you have there my friend is a sublime ride, which im sure is the reason you have kept it all these years , and not just for its provenance.

This is a BOTM winner for me. :cool:
No not at all , I didn’t feel there was any criticism, like you said said the DB is 753 and are two piece similar to bontragers so was always a little confused myself , now after seeing a close up of your Vulcan they do look very similar, maybe I should enter it for next months fillet brazed BOTM , that might be at least one vote I could get 😎👍

Yeah, you can count on my vote, too.

Well, until thirty other next level fillet brazed wonder bikes get entered, anyway!

As far as I can remember it stands for
Dave’s
Oversize
Non
Kompromise
I ???
S ???

Not
Obviously
Beaten

I can’t remember the I or S though 🤣🤣
I'm sure I read somewhere that it was Dave's Oversize No Kompromise Interactive System Never Obviously Beaten. Happy to be corrected though.

Back