90 Orange Prestige

puredead666":2vgqbd5c said:
I heard Orange do resprays of their old bikes. I wonder if they would do this and supply proper decals.
I looked on their website a while back and by the looks of it they only do single colour resprays and only have some of the newer decals available. Bob Jackson seems to come highly recommended and their prices are fairly reasonable so will be using them (once I get my finger out :LOL: ).
Maybe someone else has experience of using Orange for resprays??

DynaCol":3a4pp1em said:
puredead666":3a4pp1em said:
I heard Orange do resprays of their old bikes. I wonder if they would do this and supply proper decals.
I looked on their website a while back and by the looks of it they only do single colour resprays and only have some of the newer decals available. Bob Jackson seems to come highly recommended and their prices are fairly reasonable so will be using them (once I get my finger out :LOL: ).
Maybe someone else has experience of using Orange for resprays??

I asked Orange about resprays a few years back but they would only do single colours from their current modern palette. They had a very considerable turnaround time too for powder coating just a single colour, costing a couple of hundred quid. Orange would only apply modern decals from their current range of bikes with FAT tubed frames – no good if you're doing a vintage resto job on a bike with skinny steel tubes.

I ended up using Armourtex because they were very local to me, in North London. They stripped/prepped/powder coated my frame (one colour – sparking mid-British Racing Green) in 4 days flat at about £80. I commissioned Gil_M on here for '93 style repro decals – he's done many a fine repro retro decal.

Bob Jackson's are highly recommended by many, particularly if going classic fade. Argos in Bristol is another one to consider and maybe Mercian Cycles. RB member 'Stiff_Orange' http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ;start=360 had a nice classic orange/white fade job done by Enigma Paintworks http://www.enigmabikes.com/pages/paint-works they're based in East Sussex.

Re:

Yeah that's what i'd heard/read before about the service that Orange provided these days. I think Bob Jackson are my best bet and they're not too far away for me to go down there and drop the frameset off and make sure everything arrives safely. Plus I can speak to them face to face about what I want then.

Re:

Another small part for the build acquired.

Attachments

• Mt Christophe.jpg
    Mt Christophe.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 740
Signing in late - ready for the paint and build :) Looking good so far!

Well well then i had been on here a we while ago and it seems to have stalled a bit but i've had word from a certain man that things maybe on the move shortly so i'll just sit and wait :LOL: ..

Re:

You might be waiting a little bit longer but not as long as before hopefully. I was thinking about this one last night and may change my plans for the groupset (maybe XT or possibly XC pro) as I'm going to move on a few bikes/frames soon to try and rationalise things a bit in casa de Dynacol which will free up a few bits.

Which means that I'll maybe need to get a few spare decals along with the "DX" one I was planning to re-draw for the seattube :?

Re: Re:

DynaCol":3w13w62t said:
You might be waiting a little bit longer but not as long as before hopefully. I was thinking about this one last night and may change my plans for the groupset (maybe XT or possibly XC pro) as I'm going to move on a few bikes/frames soon to try and rationalise things a bit in casa de Dynacol which will free up a few bits.

Which means that I'll maybe need to get a few spare decals along with the "DX" one I was planning to re-draw for the seattube :?

I've got all the time in the world or so it seems atm but i didn't expect you to be having a clear out :shock: but yes i can't argue with your decision to make changes with the groupset if that's your line of thought especially since you'll have other parts to choose from off the bikes you clear out so if it were me i'd be looking at the XC pro seen as XT is more commonly used by most as their preferred choice and so your going to have to re-draw more decals then if you go down that route which pro long the wait but will be worth it in the long run if you want it to look right ;) ..

Back