90 Orange Prestige

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":5ympos6z said:
Oh man, an 89er – nice! Exactly like my frame too. Love the Orange DX logo too. Where are all these old iconic frames still hidden away? I'd almost sell my soul for one of these. Looking forward to seeing the build up.
So is yours an 89 version? any pic's? Need to sort out the re-spray and decals but got most of the parts gathered already, will get some more pic's up at the weekend when I get a minute.

Re:

I can recommend Bob Jackson in Leeds for the repaint. My 2007 Clockwork is very close to the originals colour and was done by them.

brocklanders023":14ywz3jm said:
I can recommend Bob Jackson in Leeds for the repaint. My 2007 Clockwork is very close to the originals colour and was done by them.
That was exactly who I was planning to use, do they do decals too (presume Gil will have these on file if not)?

Re:

Been a while since I posted any updates, mainly because there hasn't been any :LOL: .

I've been in touch with Bob Jackson cycles and will hopefully be using them for the re-spray once I get the decals sorted out. Gil doesn't have these particular ones on file so I'm going to re-draw them myself and get Gil to print them. Have been searching online for the right fonts, not found an exact match but come pretty close so going to use them as a base to tweak until they are spot on.

Have been sorting through some of the bits I've gathered just to check what I've got and what still needs to be sourced today so here's a pic of some of it, more to follow when I get a minute.

Attachments

• Some parts gathered!.jpg
    Some parts gathered!.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 827

Dossa":315jauv0 said:
Graphic Shack have those decals, DC :D

Looking forward to the build developing!
I had seen those before, They're pretty close but not exactly the same with some subtle differences in the font as far as could tell. I've kinda set my mind on re-drawing them myself, really enjoyed doing the ones for my Appalachian too plus it means there's a bit more of "me" in the build :D . I'll keep the updates coming.

Re:

Nice bits! Out of that set, I've got the derailleurs, pedals and thumbshifters. Use to have the Eagle 2 Kool Stops. Looking forward to seeing the build up...

Didn't really expect to see this again! to say the bike had been loved to death would have be an understatement! When I picked it up it barely had anything original on it,
Zoom stem, M750 levers and shifters, Avid Rivals brakes and some horrible DOTEK crank.

I put what DX/LX I had on it and rode a few times, really liked it but it was a fraction to small to justify giving the treatment DynaCol will -silverlining and all that, it paid for the XTR crank on my Marin Team Issue so win, win.

Definitely be watching to see how it turns out.

AH1F":15gqq21p said:
Didn't really expect to see this again! to say the bike had been loved to death would have be an understatement! When I picked it up it barely had anything original on it,
Zoom stem, M750 levers and shifters, Avid Rivals brakes and some horrible DOTEK crank
Did it look anything like this?

Attachments

• Orange Prestige 2.jpg
    Orange Prestige 2.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 712
  • Orange Prestige 1.jpg
    Orange Prestige 1.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 712
Back