90 Orange Prestige

Re:

Yeah I read your post about you being laid up ATM on the Cycling Mojo thread so hope you're doing better soon.
I'm leaning towards the XCpro TBH, got too many Shimano builds already and picked up a pair of NOS XCpro hubs on M231 rims a while back that need a home :D . Need to get the decals finished and the frame painted first though!
I think what I'll do is get the three seattube decals printed (DX, XT & XCpro) and then I can fit the relevant one when I finally decide what to fit to the bike.

Yes it could be a while until i can get riding again and have an hospital appointment for next week so i'll see where i go from there but at the moment i'm a little frustrated or should i actually say feeling eager as i've acquired an 88 Muddy Fox Courier of late which i'm eager to get out and ride as i've wanted one since 89 after i got rid of my Explorer so my mojo is running in over drive :LOL: .

Yes mate get those NOS XCpro hubs on M231 rims put to good use as i already suspected you had i fair few shimano builds done already and i always fancied having XC pro on my Explorer bitd but ended up swapping it for a Trekker and so never went down that route but if you've already got the XCpro hubs on those M231 rims i bet they'll look great fitted to the Orange and yes you've got some decals to sort which will take some time to draw up when your ready to do it but it will be well worth it for sure and i have quite a bit of faithin what you can do after seeing what you've manage to achieve mate ;) ..

Re:

I know, I know..............."get on with it!" I hear you cry.

Been stem searching for a while for both this and the epic but finally got ones I'm happy with (for now at least :LOL: ).

Thanks to MatBH5 for supplying some detailed pic's of an original stalk for comparison to the ones I'd found. So below is a couple of pic's of the stem I've settled on, appears to be date stamped 89 so the right age too.

Attachments

• Stem2.jpg
    Stem2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 647
  • Stem1.jpg
    Stem1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 647
YES go get it sorted ! :LOL: but seriously that's a good looking stem for it's age and will look great when fitted so well done on finding it mate ;) ..

Muddy paw":26ry0b65 said:
YES go get it sorted ! :LOL: but seriously that's a good looking stem for it's age and will look great when fitted so well done on finding it mate ;) ..
Yeah it's as good as I'm going to find I reckon, hoping to get a few days off work soon to get some progress made on sorting the decals then off to paint it goes.

DynaCol":1uf1yzfi said:
Muddy paw":1uf1yzfi said:
Yeah it's as good as I'm going to find I reckon, hoping to get a few days off work soon to get some progress made on sorting the decals then off to paint it goes.

Well it looks good enough to eat to me :facepalm: or even to use as it is for that matter :LOL: so what you doing then paint wise as powder coat is always a nice option but can seem a little thick some times ..

I take it you going through gil for the decals then ? ..

Re: Re:

Stick Legs":x7a4ri6s said:
Nice to see DX being used throughout. Should be a great build!
I keep changing my mind regarding the groupset for this one; DX, XT or XCPro :?

DX is one of my favourite looking groupsets and it just functions perfectly plus was obviously what this bike was built up with originally (going by the seat tube decal).
XT was obviously top of the line at the time and what I would've strived to own if I could've afforded this bike when I were a lad.
XCPro is real classy looking and one groupset I haven't used yet on a build so would be nice to use something different on this one to make it a bit special.

Back