24seven Dark Angel Ltd Ed jump frame 24"/26" £28 posted...

Re: 24seven Dark Angel Ltd Ed jump frame 24"/26" retro 'V' only

Sorry I've over indulged already too many times, this looks brilliant, trying o get friends to buy it!, curious there's no disc tabs, must be really early, have you weighed it? I bet it makes a great big BMX. Designed with 24" in mind you think? Cool lil frame.

Re:

It was a laugh, I had it with 26" wheels but the mounts are there to lower the V's for 24" too. Have never weighed it, I might tomorrow, but it is heavy! Think it is an early one, wish I could find the ltd ed numbers on it.

Not sure what I want rigids wise TBH, would be looking for light, straight bladed somethings, probably 410 A2C. Or maybe 425.... :facepalm:

Re: 24seven Dark Angel Ltd Ed jump frame 24"/26" retro 'V' only

8 or 9 lbs perhaps? :) I'm expecting it will run best with 24's and I'd expect it to be 1998 time, google threw up a result here with 1998 in the search. Lack of disc tabs is surprising but disc brakes not really needed on a jump bike not in 1998 anyway! Perhaps someone who actually knows this stuff might pop up...

Hmm long straight blade forks. Dunno if I have anything available. Will ponder.

Re:

You were right, 8lbs with the bits shown! Fairly meaty....

No, I don't suppose discs were thought worthwhile on a frame with horizontal drop outs at the time.

Re:

Very very slight price reduction to try and tempt someone....I can't afford to give it away, if I could I would but the postage is a fair chunk of the price already!

My BMX from the same era is shy of 8lbs, to be fair for the road use it was a rocket, sturdy and fast! The Trailstar is 6.8lbs IIRC. Discs are not required, though I'd have to use 26's then.

It's not even the price putting me off its another frame shaped parcel turning up! :D Doh!

I know this thread is over six months old, but that looks like one of their original frames. They made a limited run of 200 to test the waters as a competitor to the Trailstar/Spooky bandwagons of the world.

This was mine, number 099 in black. Rode jumps like a dream, but was very heavy and with 2.3 wide tyres, slow as hell on the flat.

Bomb proof frame though. This was mine:

DSCF0192 by Nick, on Flickr

Hi Sectionate, thanks for posting that up. Looks great and really useful. I bought this, I had no idea what I was gonna do with it just really liked the look of it. I won't be hard core jumping on it and it's gonna be small but did ponder stripping paint and powdercoat and building. So useful to see yours. A mate did say it may be an original, apparently welded by Chris Gack? Not much info on 24Seven.

Back