1999 Santa Cruz Chameleon...major update. Rebuild Nr 2 (p4)

Re: 1999 Santa Cruz Chameleon...major update. Rebuild Nr 2 (

No lizard graphic - she didn't like it. These deals are from an 07 Chameleon which didn't have a lizard. The early ones did then they omitted it and then the came back for the newer ones.

Nice one!
Can you please tell which length the seat tube has (C-T)?

Thank you!

Alex

Love all the decisions on this build that only a lady would make. Familiar! :-D

Looks great in either style. Bit sad that the polished look didn't work out, gave me ideas. Also the blue and green should never be seen scheme was quite funky!

rasumichin":33inejut said:
Nice one!
Can you please tell which length the seat tube has (C-T)?

Thank you!

Alex

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this but the bike is tucked yo in the garage and Ive not really touched them for a few weeks!

I measured it tonight and it's 14.5 inches centre to top.

reanimation":24t9b5sg said:
Love all the decisions on this build that only a lady would make. Familiar! :-D

Looks great in either style. Bit sad that the polished look didn't work out, gave me ideas. Also the blue and green should never be seen scheme was quite funky!

Cheers. I think it looks much better in this state. The blue and green combo was driven by the forks more than anything.

Re:

That is a beautiful bike in all it's variations. Great story and thanks for sharing. I was wondering what brand was the original blue seatpost? I have had a red one for 12 years and never knew who produced it.

Cheers mate. I think it looks really good in its current incarnation.

That particular post was a USE.

Re: Disc adapter

Hi. That's a lovely project and a great thing to do for your missus. :) I've just bought a Mk1 Chameleon too. I noticed the disc adapter you have on the rear. Could you tell me where could I find one of those please?

Cheers buddy.

I bought it from Jungle (UK importers). It was about £50 I think. Expensive, but well worth it.

Ah, nice one. Thanks for getting back. Fifty notes?! Oaft!
I'll be paying through the the nostril for that! Will post a photo once it's all set up. You never sent a photo once yours was finnished. How's it looking?

Back