Another one on the workbench... 97' Santa Cruz Heckler

I just sold my Heckler last week. I have mixed feelings now. They are awesome bikes. The guy that bought it was so excited. I was just sitting and not getting the ride time it deserves. I kind of miss it though.
You've just made an happy guy... :)

What? No, it was a Kawasaki KMX125, green with a purple seat, great days...
Oh, I was certain from your description of kawi green that it must've been any brand BUT Kawasaki.... ... ..... .. ......
.. ..... ...
My sense of humour is often to weird/bad for posts on here

I always loved the look of the Santa Cruz bikes, very cool.
Kawi green, I had a motorbike that colour a long time ago, with purple bits.

Green like this!
You're the winners !!! :LOL: I'll go with Bright Green who's a Kawasaki green like and really close of early SC. Supernatural was nice but really yellow-ish in reality and glow in the dark.

IMG_5718.jpg

Small update... Rear triangle finally stripped. Now time for the polishing labor. As the frame has had previously blasted, I think it won't be easy. All tips for recessed areas and for a nice finish are welcome...:p

IMG_5736.jpg

I've toyed with the idea of picking up an old Heckler and building it up as my full squish daily rider. I signed up for the 24 hrs of adrenaline with a friend and his buddies and one of the guys owned an orange Heckler. So nice.

Can´t really give any tips regarding polishishing besides the obvious: Start with 800 and work your way up to finer grit. I usually stop at 1500 and change to 3M pads, then your choice of polishing compound. Maybe use a certain multitool (can´t think of the name right now 😝 ) for the welds? Hope your elbows are well greased ...

Back