1997 GT Xizang Build Update 26/07/2011

Rio":2mxjnn8n said:
Nice pics! This is the smallest size Xizang, isn't it? Do you happen to know (or would you mind measuring) the top tube length and the headtube length of your frame?

the frame is an 18", or 16" in GT sizes. (c2c) top tube is 550mm (c2c), and headtube is 100mm

Thanks for measuring Sean! But I think you measured your seat tube, not the toptube? If it's no trouble for you, could you measure the toptube for me (center to center)? I'm making a list of titan frames that would fit my liking (geometry wise)

Rio":2mz2mup9 said:
Thanks for measuring Sean! But I think you measured your seat tube, not the toptube? If it's no trouble for you, could you measure the toptube for me (center to center)? I'm making a list of titan frames that would fit my liking (geometry wise)

Top Tube is 550mm centre to centre

Hope this helps

Thanks Sean! That is a pretty short frame compared to the seattube size isn't it?

Rio":3hkjxcd6 said:
Thanks Sean! That is a pretty short frame compared to the seattube size isn't it?

it is quite short. however, compared to other frames it has a more upright riding position, which i find more fomfortable to ride

ive had the bike built up before, it would suit someone between 5'7" - 5'11" id say... maybe 6ft at a push

SEANSTEPHENS":vfia80gd said:
Rio":vfia80gd said:

it is quite short. however, compared to other frames it has a more upright riding position, which i find more fomfortable to ride

ive had the bike built up before, it would suit someone between 5'7" - 5'11" id say... maybe 6ft at a push

that would fit me well then!

21/5/2011

I bought these forks to replace the rock shox that were on the bike earlier this year. they were good forks, however they didnt really suit the silver/blue scheme of the frame, and ive allways liked the look of pace forks on an unpainted bike from other builds ive seen here

I picked these up from the sorting office this morning. Pace RC30 Rigids in fantastic condition (thanks to CTK) They are the 2nd generation RC30 Fork and probably a 1993/1994 model. should look great fitted to the frame and i'll get some pics posted of that later :D

cheers

p4pb66172301.jpg

p4pb66172281.jpg

p4pb66172251.jpg

p4pb66172321.jpg

p4pb66172351.jpg

Back