1995 PACE RC200 F5 RetroMod 1x11 Deore XT FINISHED Pg10

Re: IT’S A PACE JIM, BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT…..

Hang on... Hang on...tubeless pumps? Burst tanks for setting tubeless tyres? Whoa there.... what else don’t I know about this new fangled malarkey?

Re:

Trust me- best £50 spent.

I’ve got 3 tubeless bikes and all perfectly done. Also done a few friends bikes too upto 2.8 29er tyres .

And muc off sealant is the best. I’ve tried quite a few.

Re: Re:

d8mok":27byhndq said:
Trust me- best £50 spent.

I’ve got 3 tubeless bikes and all perfectly done. Also done a few friends bikes too upto 2.8 29er tyres .

And muc off sealant is the best. I’ve tried quite a few.

Cheers, much appreciated.. :xmas-big-grin:

Burstpumps. Isn’t that something you do in school and don’t own up?

The History Man":3qjktkye said:

I’ve never done a burst pump and neither has my wife....

Next question;
The slimepro instructions says always use a new tyre when installing tubeless, then it goes on to say the green muck needs replacing every 6 months? So does it go off? Evaporate? Seep out? And what about the tyre? it won’t be “new” anymore. This is starting to sound like a load of bo**ox, i wish I’d stuck with inner tubes. :facepalm:

Peachy!":qxvrktjo said:
The History Man":qxvrktjo said:

I’ve never done a burst pump and neither has my wife....

Next question;
The slimepro instructions says always use a new tyre when installing tubeless, then it goes on to say the green muck needs replacing every 6 months? So does it go off? Evaporate? Seep out? And what about the tyre? it won’t be “new” anymore. This is starting to sound like a load of bo**ox, i wish I’d stuck with inner tubes. :facepalm:

Seriously overthinking it..... Fill, ride, enjoy..... Top up every now and then...... end of, believe! :xmas-cool:

Hello Peachy. Are the tyres full on UST rather than 'tubeless ready? I tried once to get some UST Contis on those rims, it was like the rim was 26.5" and the tyre 25.5"! After breaking umpteen tyre levers and some choice language, I gave up and used some tubeless ready Schwalbes, problem solved! Stans invented the tubeless ready system and I don't think a UST bead plays well with Stans BST rim hook even if you manage to get a UST tyre on.
Liking the Mint/Yorkshire theme, tis gonna be a nice bike! :D

We've found Stan's & Orange (not the bike brand) sealant really good. A pump you can preload does make the job a lot easier. On the occassional tyre that has been stubborn to seat we've found leaving it overnight with an inner tube in at high pressure has helped.

The sealant can go off but only ever seen it happen in the past with a bike we bought 2nd hand. The lads normally worn out a tyre, bust a rim or burped the stuff out before it goes off! Now he's riding less I'm interested to see how it lasts.

This review mentions the slime pro
https://road.cc/content/review/203633-o ... ce-sealant

benjabbi:l73hxnsd said:
Hello Peachy. Are the tyres full on UST rather than 'tubeless ready? I tried once to get some UST Contis on those rims, it was like the rim was 26.5" and the tyre 25.5"! After breaking umpteen tyre levers and some choice language, I gave up and used some tubeless ready Schwalbes, problem solved! Stans invented the tubeless ready system and I don't think a UST bead plays well with Stans BST rim hook even if you manage to get a UST tyre on.
Liking the Mint/Yorkshire theme, tis gonna be a nice bike! :D

Ah... bugger... yes these are UST..so I guess it’s new tyres or new rims.... F9021480-D48D-43A4-9A56-29FF4F8FE9BE.jpeg

Last edited:

Its been quite a few years since i ran tubeless. DIdnt use to use sealant,, but used to run UST tyres/rims. As the tyres need to be a better fit, some are nigh on impossible to fit, most should still go on by hand though.

And are you building the whole bike now then? :D

Back