1995 PACE RC200 F5 RetroMod 1x11 Deore XT FINISHED Pg10

Re:

I have a Manitou frame with cracked headtube, could Dan fix that? Where would I find contact details for him?

Nice Pace a good bit of work gone into that!

Re: Re:

MCsanandreas":1n7y51o0 said:
I have a Manitou frame with cracked headtube, could Dan fix that? Where would I find contact details for him?

Search Danson67 in the search engine then click on the PM link on any of his posts....

Re: IT’S A PACE JIM, BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT…..

What’s happening with the build? I hear you shout… well unfortunately yesterday was a bit of a washout due to un-bike related things… :|

So instead here’s a little catch up with what and why regarding graphics etc…or in someone else’s words;

This is why….

It all started as I said earlier with Our Jimmy wanting a Mint theme and not being able to decide whether it should be a green or blue scheme or a plain polished aluminium one, this got me thinking that maybe we could incorporate the East Yorkshire flag (Green & Blue) as that’s our home.
I already had a blue Flite Titanium and a green Crud Catcher and the Pace CNC butted panels were always screaming out for something, so that was easy, blue on top and green below.
The Yorkshire Rose is made from a couple of Jo Burt’s daisy’s overlaid and the "This is why & Are we there yet?" were easily copied from rip-off stuff on eBay. But I wanted something else, maybe one of the strap lines from the top of the cartoon... This is where RetroSpud came up trumps with and old MBUK sticker “Ride up the mountains of your mind and see what you can find” this seemed perfect to go on a teenager’s bike. Cheers Spud
3b879c1f-7aed-4260-b718-c02e7d2bd842.jpg

Next was the head tube, I’d been gifted a Planet X Yorkshire Rose from Retrobikeguy and had initially thought to put it on the seat tube, but I liked having the flag there so thought maybe the headtube instead, I arsed about for a while before finally deciding upon this, thanks THM;

62967592587__7ABFA541-BCB1-4B20-AB90-EB57CF9ED6B9.jpg

Now I’d already decided upon a blue cockpit, so I wanted to find some balance, The RC36’s I had were in good working condition, but the bridges were chipped and the red leg logos were a bit faded.

IMG_9023.jpg

Easy fix, green powdercoat for the bridges and a request for Gil to produce a set of decals in Chateraise Green :mrgreen:

IMG_9070.jpg

Quick swap out of the 1-1/4” Ali post for a 1” steel job and we’re in business.

IMG_9027.jpg

Next, the Hope Hoops… Pro3 SP-XC on Stan’s ZTR Crest 24h rims… very nice and normally quite pricey, that is unless you find a set of un-matched white/black.

s-l1600.jpg

Not decided yet on whether I should powdercoat them all green or maybe a blue rear and a green front, also a part of me thinks they may well just sit fine with the black & white Jimmy tyres and the black & white Hope carbon bottle cages (thanks to rwm1962) as they are….

IMG_9090.jpg

The red Stans stickers had to go though and some new better fitting Hope Hoop green rim decals replaced the poor fitting originals.

IMG_9179.jpg

Last edited:

Great unique build Peachy. Looking forward to seeing first ride pics. :xmas-big-grin:

Peachy!":g6z7lf0m said:
MCsanandreas":g6z7lf0m said:

Search Danson67 in the search engine then click on the PM link on any of his posts....

He repaired mine when I broke it

Sorry thread Hi jack over ...

Coming along nicely

No pics of wee Jimmy with a spanner in his hand yet !

rwm1962:18q768sn said:
Great unique build Peachy. Looking forward to seeing first ride pics. :xmas-big-grin:

Cheers... chance would be a fine thing... I thought this years “Hush” would have us easily building everyday... but no, it seems every minute has been pre-booked. :roll:

Retro Spud:18q768sn said:
Coming along nicely

No pics of wee Jimmy with a spanner in his hand yet !

Not yet... too busy with a Lego Technic Lamborghini! 🤦

Magpiegifts:18q768sn said:
As always im impressed Peachy

:xmas-wink:

Thanks very much....

I did manage to get my colouring-in set out! :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin:

(I’ll clean off the excess when they’re dry) E57E32F3-B9FF-4051-988F-641887E789D9.jpeg 21164ACD-6900-4398-9790-6FFFB1AEB03C.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

I like the black/white rims. Bit like a rug with a deliberate mistake.

The only one still eating turkey is Arthur.

Back