Back home after 10 years!!! RC200 F4

CK and Pace headtubes don’t play well together and unfortunately there’s only 1 winner.

Dan Chambers can modify the headset to help the issue.

I’d never run a CK on a pace with or without mods as it’s just worth the risk.

After a few people mentioned the Pace/Chris King issue i spoke to Dan who explained the issue with this setup.

I've now taken out the King,which will now be replaced with an fsa orbit,which on the tech sheet shows the od of the cups to be at the lower side of tolerance.

Hopefully It'll turn up soon so i can try and get a few more parts fitted...

With the amount of parts that has arrived for this,i thought i'd scan through some whilst i had a few hrs to myself today.
Managed to fit the new fsa headset which was an extremely easy fit into the headtube 👍
Also changed the dropouts to some nos blue supplied by tim at fork english. Instead of going full red ano i'm now thinking of adding in some blue to make it a bit more "UK"
Lastly,m900 Xtr mechs went on,with the rear having allintex alloy jockey bolts added

Couple bits left to get... 20240203_154851.jpg 20240203_154913.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, I always swapped out the cable clamping bolt for some Alu colour ones, even did the front mech band clamp one too. Naff all force goes through them. (don't anymore other than on a tarty bike)
Also that big mech hanger bolt need swapping for some colour too.

Oh and look at that big crack on the bottom bracket.....

Made you look, just a bit of plant or something
;-)

Amazing that you got your old frame back. Regarding the wheels, if that's your first ever wheel build, it might be worth getting some miles on them sooner rather than later in case they need a tweak rather than wait until the maiden pace ride

Nice, I always swapped out the cable clamping bolt for some Alu colour ones, even did the front mech band clamp one too. Naff all force goes through them. (don't anymore other than on a tarty bike)
Also that big mech hanger bolt need swapping for some colour too.

Oh and look at that big crack on the bottom bracket.....

Made you look, just a bit of plant or something
;-)
Still a work in progress,just wanted to get some bits on it as its been a while

Back