1995 PACE RC200 F5 RetroMod 1x11 Deore XT FINISHED Pg10

Re: IT’S A PACE JIM, BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT…..

rwm1962":2e0gb22l said:
We've found Stan's & Orange (not the bike brand) sealant really good. A pump you can preload does make the job a lot easier. On the occassional tyre that has been stubborn to seat we've found leaving it overnight with an inner tube in at high pressure has helped.

The sealant can go off but only ever seen it happen in the past with a bike we bought 2nd hand. The lads normally worn out a tyre, bust a rim or burped the stuff out before it goes off! Now he's riding less I'm interested to see how it lasts.

This review mentions the slime pro
https://road.cc/content/review/203633-o ... ce-sealant

Cheers for the heads up

mk one":wycew871 said:
Its been quite a few years since i ran tubeless. DIdnt use to use sealant,, but used to run UST tyres/rims. As the tyres need to be a better fit, some are nigh on impossible to fit, most should still go on by hand though.

And are you building the whole bike now then? :D

Looks that way. :facepalm:

Re: Re:

The History Man":3iaqtazv said:
Those tyres could make great chew toys.

Silver lining and all that.

She’d destroy them in seconds.... anyway, they’re off now, cleaned up and back in their boxes ready to go on eBay. :|

Re:

Nice build!

I have a set of those STANS rims - they are corroded on the inside due to the previous owner using sealant. I also have two sets of Shimano wheels that are corroded on the inside of the rim from sealant use. Personally, I'd stick with tubes.

SP

Splatter Paint":3smi30jg said:
Nice build!

I have a set of those STANS rims - they are corroded on the inside due to the previous owner using sealant. I also have two sets of Shimano wheels that are corroded on the inside of the rim from sealant use. Personally, I'd stick with tubes.

SP

Cheers Sp.. I certainly won’t be bothering with tubeless on any of my bikes, but the lad wanted to try them, just to see what the fuss is all about. (& all his mates bikes are tubeless)

Hopefully we’ll get some time this weekend to finish the build. New tyres due Friday.

Peachy!":1r7bvq1h said:
Splatter Paint":1r7bvq1h said:
Nice build!

SP

Cheers Sp.. I certainly won’t be bothering with tubeless on any of my bikes, but the lad wanted to try them, just to see what the fuss is all about. (& all his mates bikes are tubeless)

Hopefully we’ll get some time this weekend to finish the build. New tyres due Friday.

Hi how was Friday , Any goodies in arrive ?

Tyres arrived yesterday, but with a new job, a new puppy and my daughter going back to college today I’ve not had a moment spare... :(

So after two unsuccessful sojourns into tubeless; 🤦 viewtopic.php?f=41&t=422603 I’ve thrown in the towel and am now waiting for the delivery of a set of Schwalbe “Black Jack” clincher tyres... :roll:

The build has unfortunately stalled a bit as although it might seem odd to some but I just like doing things in a certain order, namely get the wheels & tyres on before mucking about with brake & gear cabling, I just couldn’t wait any longer.
So after a bit of colour detailing on the Hope kit I fitted the rivet-on extra hose clips that Danson67 gave me... 9E05266D-75D3-4957-9F01-AE986A3DF8EF.jpeg 5E1D1AFC-3443-4237-87C8-62815B6ED211.jpeg D45AC365-4E69-4016-87B0-7D44FE72D106.jpeg E93037F4-A0EC-4F61-B1A1-9A3DF3747A03.jpeg

Last edited:

I won't ask about the second set of tubeless then .
Looking pukka so far peachy and those mounts from Dan look well neat .

Back