Re: Ranjeet Grewel inspired Yeti ARC

Retro Spud":28pt5v1k said:
Having finally spoked my Mavics up after 10yrs of owning them I thought I'd better do a proper job on them before Eric (Rumphy) flames me :shock: with his eagle eye for detail and not being backwards at coming forward you just know he'll "Muller Yah" :LOL:

Well the hub orientation is correct so you can read the logo when sat in the saddle but surely the rim is the wrong way round with the logo facing away from you when you are looking at the bike from the (default) drive side?

It's this sort of slap-dashery that makes a mockery of our pastime.

No worries on the thunder theft :D

I had a feeling you had bought one, i had looked at the sellers listing afterwards and noticed his supply had gone down by one :cool:

I will be fitting mine tomorrow, i hav'nt got a front mech as yet, But the one from my ultimate will do for now.

I now need a flite like yours..., im never going to have any money :facepalm:

Re: Ranjeet Grewel inspired Yeti ARC

pete_mcc":3aox4nc3 said:
Retro Spud":3aox4nc3 said:
Having finally spoked my Mavics up after 10yrs of owning them I thought I'd better do a proper job on them before Eric (Rumphy) flames me :shock: with his eagle eye for detail and not being backwards at coming forward you just know he'll "Muller Yah" :LOL:

Well the hub orientation is correct so you can read the logo when sat in the saddle but surely the rim is the wrong way round with the logo facing away from you when you are looking at the bike from the (default) drive side?

It's this sort of slap-dashery that makes a mockery of our pastime.

OMG I'll flog myself repeatedly with a large handful of freshly dug stinging nettles, :oops:

Thankfully its a front wheel and Manitou 916 has supplied me with replacement decals so I can recover from this oversight (provided the anno hasn't faded).
On a plus note the rear has only the drive side spoked up so I'll be checking that tonight :LOL: because that mofo can't be turned around.

Nice to hear from you Pete your Mani build thread is class, especially your opening post...took me right back to the dawn of the 90's (happy days) the reference in the 1st paragraph to Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine took me straight back. :LOL:

redfern1950s":1htk2mcr said:
... i'm never going to have any money :facepalm:

Join the club

This site should come with a serious Financial health warning :!:

Start an Addiction Support group and 90% of members on here would join it.
This sites like Crack or Crystal meth... sample it once and you get HOPELESSLY addicted and then become penniless shortly afterwards

b.t.w the other (missing) 10% are just in denial :LOL:

Retro Spud":lxi7qj54 said:
redfern1950s":lxi7qj54 said:
... i'm never going to have any money :facepalm:

Join the club

This site should come with a serious Financial health warning :!:

Start an Addiction Support group and 90% of members on here would join it.
This sites like Crack or Crystal meth... sample it once and you get HOPELESSLY addicted and then become penniless shortly afterwards

b.t.w the other (missing) 10% are just in denial :LOL:

VERY serious: that puts me in the 90%......... i would sign up straight away..., might save the marriage :D

Retro Spud":v1ln4qwf said:
OMG I'll flog myself repeatedly with a large handful of freshly dug stinging nettles, :oops:

Seriously though nice build and quailty attention to detail, especially on the wheel build - I was up last night doing the same

Without doubt my favourite Yeti colour scheme/build - got to love the over-exuberance of the early 90s. Nice build, keep those updates coming!

Believe it or not I had 30 Something on the cassette player last night.

Re: 1993 Yeti grey ARC

With the long overdue and thankful demise of the silver seat post and handle bars I wasn’t overly struck with having a polished RS Crown on this bike,
and therefore fancied having it colour coded to match the frame, and so started the lookout for a donor 1¼ inch threaded stem.

Now this may prove to be too much.....perhaps a step too far !

with the excessive use of anno it probably past the point of good taste in most people’s mind a long time ago :? however this is a keeper so I'm non appologetic :mrgreen:

Anyway I pulled this RS crown off the bay a few weeks ago (un painted), nothing sexy in the so much as it’s not the more desirable machined out SL version but once fitted you’d never know unless you spun the bike upside down. After a short trip to see the guys at Bike UK in Clifton (Bristol) the only bike shop in the southwest that still has a die for tapping 1.25’ threads it was round the corner to see Gary and Mark at Argos who kindly blew some paint over it from the same batch as the frame was done in, so it’s a perfect colour match (picture doesn’t do their work justice)

To save my napper twitching like a badgers nose ;) they kindly fitted my spare CK crown ring before posting it back, Only thing left for me to do now prior to fitting is to source some subtle washers for the T.I stanchion bolts to spin on rather than the paint.

on another note
Using the cardboard header off the Escape Pods as a basic reference good old Gil has also come good with some Grafton Decals for the frame.

Just wish the weekend would come a little sooner :D

Attachments

• Grafton Performance.jpg
    Grafton Performance.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 961
  • Rock Shox Judy Crown.JPG
    Rock Shox Judy Crown.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 961
pete_mcc":18nmo9kd said:
Believe it or not I had 30 Something on the cassette player last night.

"YOU FAT BASTARD!!" :LOL:

*before anyone born after 1992 reports this to the mod's its a reference to the above and not questioning Pete's waistline... althought if its like mine its not the same as it was back in the day :LOL:

Re:

After much re-thinking and a lot of calls to Chris aka Rampage at Intrincycles I think I’m getting close to completing my un-ashamedly 3dv 93/94 Yeti project,
Having almost worn out the Grafton catalogue just by looking at it over the past two years I now have the ARC fully decked out with the Grafton goodness I’ve longed for..for so long!
some of which came to me in either a distressed stated or different colour(s), and thanks to Chris and his work they look so box fresh you could be forgiven for thinking I’d found/waved my wallet at NOS stock.

One of my unexpected fines was a water bottle with “Yeti Durango” embossed around the shoulder, probably ten a penny in the states, but a stranger on these shores and fits nicely into the build and gives purpose to the H2O cage,

There’s still work to be done before I can say I’ve taken the build as far as my skill set will allow and painfully aware I’m a long way/million miles behind in the knowledge stakes
compared to Mike (RideVintage) Martin at Second Spin or Darren @ Silverfish and many more, but I’m keen student of all things Durango and eager to glean more.

For now the 94/95 R.S Judy’s will be staying as I’ve got M2’s and M3’s on other builds and compared to Judys they are (in my book) rather lackluster even with springs or New MCU’s fitted, Personally I think the Judy marked a step change in fork design and whilst M3’s would have been more in keeping with the build they are for me the fork of preference.

Anyway here’s a few pictures that I’ve shameless borrowed from this years Icon-O-Classic aftermath thread. Turned out to be a thoroughly great day out at the inaugural event ! thanks to those who went and took their camera’s I now have some great pictures of “One very un-apologetically Purple ARC”,

Like it or hate, it’s here to stay and there’s room for all of us… even disciples of Purple :D

Attachments

• Retro Bike Icon O Classic 2014 Yeti ARC 9.jpg
    Retro Bike Icon O Classic 2014 Yeti ARC 9.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 806
  • Retro Bike Icon O Classic 2014 Yeti ARC 8.jpg
    Retro Bike Icon O Classic 2014 Yeti ARC 8.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 806
  • Retro Bike Icon O Classic 2014 Yeti ARC 7.jpg
    Retro Bike Icon O Classic 2014 Yeti ARC 7.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 805
  • Retro Bike Icon O Classic 2014 Yeti ARC 6.jpg
    Retro Bike Icon O Classic 2014 Yeti ARC 6.jpg