Yeti Ultimate - the build starts here.....

Factorycol

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
After a bit of chat on Facebook, and the realisation that I'd be in Germany anyway this week, I found myself driving out of Dusseldorf after a day of work meetings to meet a nice Dutch man at a German service station to swap a pair of my Hed Wheels for something I've always wanted.

a grey Yeti Ultimate, and some bits.

The 6 hour drive with it in the boot today, has had me pondering lots of build options, whilst also trying to work out the best way to get it back to the UK.

Either way, its going to be a nice project for the next few months and I'll share the progress on here, so I have a record of it as much as anything else.

IMG_3368.jpg

Grey Ultimates are all the rage :cool:
Signing up for updates to see what you do with it.
Assume you got the full bike in exchange? Purple Bullseyes looked ace.

Grey Ultimates are all the rage :cool:
Signing up for updates to see what you do with it.
Assume you got the full bike in exchange? Purple Bullseyes looked ace.
I didn't bother with the full bike, most of the stuff on it wasn't of interest to me, so just asked him for the frame, wheels (I agree the purple bulleyes look ace) and a crazy set of possibly kevlar bars, that I need to do some research into.

I've got some purple Cook Bros cranks and purple grafton brakes that I think will look nice on it... but other than that I need to go shopping.

I have some ideas based on an all grey ARC that I think is in the Yeti factory, that I really like. But we'll see how this plays out.

Nice! Think I saw that on Dutch Markplaats a while back..
Looking forward to seeing this progress!!
Thanks yes, I think that's what happened. The guy I got it off, bought it off there, with the intention to use it to convince someone to part with some HEDs. So I think we both came away from the deal happy.

oh and I found the Arc in the above picture on here... internet is a great resource sometimes.

Amazing story.

I think that's a great source for inspiration too.

Can't wait to follow along!

No fluro? and what is the number 12 by the dropout?

No fluro? and what is the number 12 by the dropout?
I've been offered a fluro accutrax / a-tac for it, but I'm not sure. Lots to think about over the next few days, before I pull the trigger on an initial build.

and the 12 is a sticker, I suspect it was part of an auction at some point or something. It'll come off when I get home.

Back