'93 Yeti Arc

The 2nd version of the build is now nearly complete.

Rebuilt the DD and CK front wheel with silver M231 Mavic's so they match. I'll keep my eyes out for a better rear hub for the disc.

I've now got the anti chain suck thing, stem and bar back on, quick releases in and a very posh cassette on.

So it just needs crank bolts, cables, brake pads, and the pedals putting on, and then its back to being bike shaped.

Maybe in 2022 I'll have my 3 dream 90s Yeti's finished (are they ever?)

image0-28.jpeg

Good work so far :cool:

You say you’ll keep an eye out for a better hub for the DD, I’ve often wondered what would be the ideal hub to build a DD on, as essentially it’s hidden (well less so in the case of a nice clear pro - whilst they are clear), but so often DDs seem to be built up on hubs which are function over form. My Pro for instance is built on a DX hub - but fitted with an XTR freehub.

What would your preferred hub be for it?

Good work so far :cool:

You say you’ll keep an eye out for a better hub for the DD, I’ve often wondered what would be the ideal hub to build a DD on, as essentially it’s hidden (well less so in the case of a nice clear pro - whilst they are clear), but so often DDs seem to be built up on hubs which are function over form. My Pro for instance is built on a DX hub - but fitted with an XTR freehub.

What would your preferred hub be for it?
Yes, I agree, that's why its not a priority, it'll just be something I keep my eyes open for.

There are only certain hubs that will work with the DD, because the spoke holes / flange size has to be correct. I've been working with disc drives for 30 years, I must have built 20+ now, and I've only ever used Shimano hubs.

The Pro I've got now has a more modern parallex one, but I'd like to swap it to a M900 XTR version so it matches the drivechain on the ARC.

Very nice end result! :) Although a colour-matched Judy is lovely, I think the bike would look great with a Manitou 2 as well.

oh, and I'm not sure why, but I never posted a link to the bike build video of this in its previous spec... so here it is.

Love the amount of grease he put onto the crown race.

But he also greased the BB spindle...what a maniac! :eek:

...I thought one was not supposed to do so?

Love the amount of grease he put onto the crown race.

But he also greased the BB spindle...what a maniac! :eek:

...I thought one was not supposed to do so?
the workshop is sponsored by a grease company... but yes I'd not grease anything that isn't supposed to move!

Latest posts

Back