1993 Manitou FS Beneke project

Re: Re:

maxhc":ofu30u23 said:
Über nice project ¡!

^^^ Like that a subtle nod to the Germanic content of this thread

Also

whats the connection/tie up between Marin and Manitou/Answer, (see picture) looks like Jurgen's accidently got on the wrong bike

I know Marin used the Arse end of Dougs design on their FS rig, but did the connection go alot further ?

Attachments

• Jurgen1993V2.jpg
    Jurgen1993V2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 480
Back in the day Marin and Manitou were imported by the same company Delts Sports that's why Beneke also used Marin Bikes.

nutallabrot":2lssy0ay said:
Back in the day Marin and Manitou were imported by the same company Delts Sports that's why Beneke also used Marin Bikes.

so in the picture he's racing for the "Delts Sports" team, would also explain the use of Magura brakes then !

I assumed he had a factory ride :oops:

nutallabrot":2xcdj9s6 said:
by the way, Delta Sports also imported Ritchey which explains barends & tires

I've learn't something, ;) ..........thread hi jack over,

back to you Dave

Retro Spud":1bja6ifj said:
Dave

Yours is 29 days older than mine, which just squeezed into March
didn't realise they built so many in a month as theres almost 200 between serial numbers

link to build thread below

It is way more than I thought too...

Yours is a veeeery elegant FS, if I fail in this project I would also like to have a finish in that no too colorful style... and yours have the WCS ZMAXes :eek:

mkozaczek":1bja6ifj said:
You need to build a custom Manitou 2 using the teflon coated stanchions from a manitou 3

Thank you! I didn´t know that :) If you have more details or info sources (pics...) I am all ears

maxhc":1bja6ifj said:
Über nice project ¡!

;)

Retro Spud":1bja6ifj said:
I've learn't something, ;) ..........thread hi jack over,

back to you Dave

Perfectly fine hi-jack by me :D

In some of the photos you see a manitou 2 with dark colored stanchions. Those are the prototype versions of a manitou 3. So you need to combine the internals of a manitou 3 with the lowers of a manitou 2.

Yeti did this as well during the 93 season.

mkozaczek":3gu84335 said:
In some of the photos you see a manitou 2 with dark colored stanchions. Those are the prototype versions of a manitou 3. So you need to combine the internals of a manitou 3 with the lowers of a manitou 2.

Yeti did this as well during the 93 season.

Now I see, thank you! It is another one of those things that change from one pic to another...

Just had another look at my FS date stamp, 2 nov 93

So mine is a few months "newer" but both built on the second day of the month :D

Here is mine at the moment, still in the project stage.

P1010153_zpse692af7e.jpg

Latest posts

Back