1992 Raleigh Rescue ..

I'm up early to take out some bad guys Ian, need you to get updated pics in the next half an hour so I can finally see those bits on the Raleigh and sleep easy ;)

Minifreak":1xhr45c1 said:
I'm up early to take out some bad guys Ian, need you to get updated pics in the next half an hour so I can finally see those bits on the Raleigh and sleep easy ;)

I didn't have time to complete it i'm afraid Tim :facepalm: :LOL: ..
6718496b-e052-4f59-be6f-8e4bae23cddb_zps7qhmsoyz.jpg

810b9ffc-e885-4416-b4de-cb489d3dc960_zps372l0rrm.jpg

Fingers crossed tomorrow ;) ..

Muddy paw":1xkm2xyu said:
Well fingers crossed will get better pics tomorrow as the shiny bits look erm dull :( ..

No they don't I can see glare off the cranks, keep at it Ian all's going well and old bedding makes for good drop sheets and rags an easily available from the local charity shop. :cool:

kingbling":1h6uob1k said:
Muddy paw":1h6uob1k said:
Well fingers crossed will get better pics tomorrow as the shiny bits look erm dull :( ..

No they don't I can see glare off the cranks, keep at it Ian all's going well and old bedding makes for good drop sheets and rags an easily available from the local charity shop. :cool:

Cheers Clive ;) and i've just checked the pics on the wifes tab and it looks ton's better :cool: unlike this old 2008 netbook :facepalm: ..

This is looking great from how it started off! I love my old Raleigh's and I've finally started to build my dyna tech encounter up after many years and like you still waiting to finally ride it. The wheels you have on the ravine are exactly what I want......... Are they Alesa? If so I have the same but on a Raleigh Pioneer LX but the 700c version.

Thanks beaglepop and i'd love to see your Dyna tech Encounter and i have actually ridden my Ravine but only round the garden in it's 1st guise and without working brakes :facepalm: ..

Yes my wheels are the original to the bike which are 36 hole Narrow eyeleted black anodised Alesa rims with Shimano QR Exage hubs which had slightly bent braking surfaces which i managed to straighten with lots of patience ..

Now i have refitted the original seat stem a Hard Black 4130 Cromoly Low Profile along with the original Vetta gel saddle but not sure if i should stick with the silver Zoom stem or fit the original black but for now i'll just think on about it ..

I think definitely go with a black stem, I seem to remember that they might have come with a girvin flex stem back in the day.

Here's a few pics of my dyna tech that had been stored in the shed for a few too many years.

And a couple of my Raleigh Pioneer Elite LX which I absolutely love, really nice paint job on these and has the 700c version of your rims.

I can't believe you've had that lovely Dyna tech hidden away in your shed over thse last few years :facepalm: as it really is a sight to behold :cool: ..

Oh yes !! that paint finish looks amazing on your Raleigh Pioneer Elite LX so it's no wonder you love it ;) and doe's the centre of your Alesa rims have like an apex as mine do ..

As far as i know of it's the Apex that came with the Flexstem as standard and the Ravine had the black Zoom stem which i have got so i guess it makes perfect sense to put it back on ...

Yes the do have a ridge on the rim where they rise up.

I know, it spent far too long on the shed so I'm trying to build it up with parts as cheap as possible which is proving difficult. I just need to ride it! I have a M550 chainset on the way and a mint rear mech to find and then just cable the thumbies up and I'm off. The new wheels will be the last thing to get as it has an old set which I robbed from an old saracen. I've degreased them and polished up with autosol but the bearings are rough so they need to go. Oh and some skin walls too.

Ah yes it was the Apex I was thinking of which had the flex stem, also a nice colour in the pink.

Back