1992 Raleigh Rescue ..

Re: 1992 Raleigh Ravine rebuild ..

coming along mate :)

how does it compare weight wise wuth the rockrider ?

and look at those leaves ... autumns on its way :(

Thanks mate ,

Well actual weight of the Ravine feels like between 27-28lb at a guess where as the ol Rockrider felt like between 31-32lb but those suspension forks must of added at least between 10-12lb to the overall weight and i do plan on weighing the Ravine as i'm curious due to Raleigh stating the original weight of approx 29,1/2lb but it feels lighter than that for a 19" frame and tbh this is one of the few mtb's that fits my size pretty well unlike the 16" Rockrider which was okay but felt a tad short to the bar's ..

I don't know about autumn being on it's way mate but we've had frost at least 3 nights over this last week :| ..

Just a little update , i got the rear mech all setup and working the other day after fitting a new inner cable finally so i just need to sort the chainset out next then it will be all sorted minus a proper test ride ;) .

Well heres my latest pic which is a little better than my previous ;)
008_zpsnnn10c5c.jpg

Re:

not sure the reflectors and gold bottle cage are doing it any favours ian but apart from that.. looking good :D

enc":3gox30bz said:
not sure the reflectors and gold bottle cage are doing it any favours ian but apart from that.. looking good :D

I've been debating about them myself tbh so i don't now about the bottle cage but the reflectors can go and thanks for the posi ;) ..

Re: Re:

k-rod":pv88uyw5 said:
Black or green b/cage, imo.

Looks great.

Your right mate ;) and i just so happen to have a black one but tbh i think green would go better so i'll be keeping my eye's peeled until i find one and cheers for the positive feed back :) ..

Well i've got a nice set of original wheels for the Ravine now and an original seat post but i just can't seem to get the time to fit them due to other things taking priority atm :( ..

Back