1992 Orange Aluminium Elite.

rwm1962":3hxtbecb said:
Cool. Just asking for a friend. :oops: :facepalm:

Why the embarrassed emoji Ross.. no problem asking folk. Best to be sure I always say.
Seem to be a lot of Elites popping up at the moment :cool:
And lots of Orange threads, which is always good!

I've just bought one - my first retro aluminium. Bit more than I wanted to pay but Mrs encouraged me to up my offer plus there was a side deal on some Orange bits. Going to probably need a strip polish & decal but wanted to check there wasn't decals on seat stays I couldn't see. Another order for Gil.

Re:

Damn - that's got the nostalgia nerve twanged.....
I still have my old '92 AluO in the garage - along with the Alu Elite frame.
I think I'm going to have to dig them out - and dust em off.

rwm1962":3ahax2yw said:
I've just bought one - my first retro aluminium. Bit more than I wanted to pay but Mrs encouraged me to up my offer plus there was a side deal on some Orange bits. Going to probably need a strip polish & decal but wanted to check there wasn't decals on seat stays I couldn't see. Another order for Gil.

Was it the one on EBay for £300. In fairness the guy selling is a reliable chap. Didn’t think it was a bad price, particularly if you managed to get a little off. Plus it had Shimano XT, and pace forks.

That's the one. Nice fella. I valued it at £250 (knowing full well, as did the seller, that it was worth more as parts but that's the unique market that is retro bikes). The seller wanted £300. I was going to stick to my price but my Mrs is a bugger for encouraging me if she thinks I'm keen so I caved! Also done a deal on some Ram Rods, lite stik & XO pedals plus a Orangel saddle with rips. Been watching some interesting car upholstery repair video's so got plans to restore that.

rwm1962":2qhyuq7u said:
That's the one. Nice fella. I valued it at £250 (knowing full well, as did the seller, that it was worth more as parts but that's the unique market that is retro bikes). The seller wanted £300. I was going to stick to my price but my Mrs is a bugger for encouraging me if she thinks I'm keen so I caved! Also done a deal on some Ram Rods, lite stik & XO pedals plus a Orangel saddle with rips. Been watching some interesting car upholstery repair video's so got plans to restore that.

Worth caving in mate, opened the door for some cool stuff.. so sometimes it’s worthwhile to suck it up. :cool: Plus I think it was a nice bike he was selling.

Re:

rwm1962":x69rocyb said:
Is there more decals than needed there? Extra head tube decal & extra pair of Orange logo (fork) decals?

file.php

These decals were the ones I had done by a mate using brochure images when I restored my Elite many moons ago. It was all a bit of an experiment really, because at the time, Nobody did them. We had some conversation about them, but in the end.....I did a black only version on clear adhesive backed and added the colour using vinyl cuts.
Gil_ M does much better versions now, you’re probably much better contacting him direct about the content of an Elite decal package.

Basically- I added more to the proof to use up spare space and give a bit of leeway in case I messed up the application.

Don’t make decals myself anymore....when you’ve got the skill of Gil_M, it’s not worth the hassle.

Cheers

boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":2e4238ye said:
These decals were the ones I had done by a mate using brochure images when I restored my Elite many moons ago.

Cheers - hadn't realised. I used to make waterslide decals years ago - even had the ability to print white, gold & silver. Would have been handy if I still had the printer but not going there again!

Cheshire1980":2e4238ye said:
Worth caving in mate, opened the door for some cool stuff.. so sometimes it’s worthwhile to suck it up. :cool: Plus I think it was a nice bike he was selling.

Good to have that endorsement on the bike!

Back