1992 Orange Aluminium Elite.

Having never ridden one, what's the ride like on these old aluminium frames? Had builders mastered the technology enough that they weren't a bit teeth chattering in the rough?

Re:

I got out bid 3-4 month back for one of these 92 Aluminium Elites, frame and alloy forks only, went for £100 and appeared in good condition. Wished I'd upped my bid now. Its a beautiful looking bike, and reading other peoples forums/accounts of it being a more comfortable and efficient ride than the Aluminium O's. Yours looks identical to the 92 brochures pretty much, fantastic! Lots of hard work but looking at it, very worth it. (Very Jealous) :D

Re:

Yep, they're from Gil and are ace.

Ride wise the Elite is not too harsh and they are very quick. The 'O' was too stiff and too heavy.

Would have another Elite no worries. :cool:

Re:

:D Thats interesting about the Aluminium O regarding the weight. Will keep my eye out for an Elite of some sorts.

Re:

'O's are ok but to me feel very much of a mk1. No lighter then the Clockwork, more expensive and not as good to ride. It's no wonder they didn't last long. I'd still have another though. :facepalm: :LOL:

Re:

Fair enough, its probably nice to have the Orange set, and they look aesthetically pleasing. Boy O Boy has some really cool looking Alloy O's. Particularly like the black O. :D

1992 Orange Aluminium Elite

brocklanders023":12f7lis2 said:
Ride wise the Elite is not too harsh and they are very quick. The 'O' was too stiff and too heavy.

So if you have a built 'O' in the garage - and an Elite frame - would you swap the bits over?
(Pace, Syncros, Hope - usual tosh)

I've never ridden an Elite - but have had the frame sitting around for a while.
Sounds like a winter project?

Re:

Sound like you should get that elite built up, too good of a frame to leave on the way side. look forward to your build! :D

Is there more decals than needed there? Extra head tube decal & extra pair of Orange logo (fork) decals?

file.php

Back