1992 Orange Aluminium Elite.

This arrived today, Frame number A2040122, 10 years on from when Ed posted it on here, and sold it. Well the buyer had it on his wall for 10 years. Anyway, its come into my possession, planning to start a build thread in the coming weeks. Managed to find the correct sized seatpost and a spare orange Ti saddle. Not sure what line of build yet, possibly a weight weenie, for a change!

Good to see this one back again after 10 years.
Been reading through this today and a couple of other elite threads.....reminiscing over my one that I sold back in 2012 to fund a house move.
Was very tempted when Phil put it back up FS last year to take it on again.
Those NOS wheels now live on as the wheels on my Klein Dolomite.
The Orange flite was swapped with Steve Worland (RIP) for a pace RC30 crown that was off of his RC100
Currently, the next batch of builds are a return to Aluminium Oranges with 3x "O" awaiting restoration. A 1st batch in black, a 2nd batch in orange and white, and the Iceman prototype "O" from yourself.

Here's the thread to my long gone Elite.
Fond memories of this build, completed for not much money and a massive learning curve which taught me a few handy skills such as wheel building and part polishing.

Elite8.jpg

Elite5.jpg
Cheers boy"O"boy

Last edited:
Still love your build and it was very much a great inspiration for my very own unmarked, undented and as new aluminium elite that I still have as a garage queen…

0F8C7FF9-3F56-485B-8345-51F85727155B.jpeg

Certainly a great thread this.. Will probably go on similar lines in terms of build.. Undecided on crankset yet.. Thinking Ritchey Logic or Middlebburn possibly, also would like a splash of Xlite bling🤔. Still this is an inspiration and benchmark of how an Elite should be 😎😎

Latest posts

Back