Help with Orange Alu Elite frame restoration

damianw

Orange 🍊 Fan
Hi all

I’ve had my orange elite for 13 years now, bought it here from Hurin. Last year I found another Alu elite frame (not a 1991/94 prototype with a large downtube!!!). Both frames need polishing. One has a paint/powder coat finish that I’d like to take off and I’d like to put new decals on them and lacquer them.

Except if I do any of that, they’re going to look shite. Trust me. So can anyone recommend somewhere that can strip, polish and ideally lacquer these frames?

Thanks!

I’d do it yaself mate…Here’s my build.

I’ve never laquered mine and it still looks like it does in the pic. It’s a garage queen tho 😂

I like the idea that if ever a decal gets damaged it’s easily replaced.

Also some
Manufacturers like Sunn were often not laquered at all and seem to have lasted if looked after whereas old laquered bikes are prone to crazing and yellowing.

All the best with whatever route you choose 👍👍
Andy

Thanks Andy! Reality is that I have so many things going on that it’s going to be another year or more and it’ll still be sat waiting to be done! I take your advice about not lacquering, in fact I may be getting one of the frames stripped, polished and clear powder coated, with decals over the top. I’ve had a set from Gil for more than 10 years!

Appreciate you replying and the advice- thanks.

Back