1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

Great thread, really enjoyed reading through this. You've done a stirling job by the way. Its inspired me to do a project from scratch now!

Cheshire1980":236deobo said:
Great thread, really enjoyed reading through this. You've done a stirling job by the way. Its inspired me to do a project from scratch now!

You mean to say that THM’s ground up Uber builds haven’t previously inspired you :shock:

Haha....
The legendary THM. Looking forward to meeting him at Mayhem next year.
I like a good uber build in fairness.

He does operate and fill a very niche area ... certainly an antidote to all the serious builds

I’ve yet to work out if it’s the fiendish deeds of a mad man or the work of pure genius -

Or just the wild unashamed total embrace of the chaos theory .... I don’t think even THM knows for sure

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Anyway as you were... and back to uncle Claude

Cheshire1980":wgjnvtze said:

Cheers, glad you like it.
I too am a fan of THM’s ‘work’ .... or should that be ‘content’???
But most of all I’m just glad I’ve had my efforts so well received and not just laughed out the park as the ‘Old Claud road freak’ even if my early promise of being a little left field has given way now to THM being disappointed in me as I’ve been lured to the catalogue correct side......you can blame LGF for that.....

Strictly Blackpool?...... 🤦

Time to do some lacing..... :xmas-cool: 722DFAF9-6678-43F2-A03A-0019386B9106.jpeg

Last edited:

Old school proper wheel building rules; view through the valve hole :xmas-cool:

Wasn’t Ashley good? :LOL: 3EAFF14C-98B5-4EC8-884E-2DDC8477D8B8.jpeg

Last edited:

You know how sometimes you think you've found a proper NOS item for a really good price, but really its just repro/knackered/resprayed over-priced s**t?

Not today... Fat Larry can sing his heart out..... :xmas-cool:

[youtube]

:xmas-cool: :xmas-cool: And yes, it does have '92 stamped on the side.... :xmas-cool: :xmas-cool: Zoom.jpeg

Last edited:

PeachyPM":2fh018wu said:
You know how sometimes you think you've found a proper NOS item for a really good price, but really its just repro/knackered/resprayed over-priced s**t?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUPvF-i0EE8[/youtube]

They used to be quite common in the market, but seem to be getting rarer these days.

Used them BITD and they were ground breaking really. They were strong, light and inexpensive. I remember buying their 155 bars which were only 5g heavier than the Renthal bars but less than half the price, also didn't fail like the Renthals either. In the end I have a full Zoom ensemble (bars, stem and the rare seatpost) on my race bike, probably saved about 300g over what came off of it.

Carl.

drcarlos":11g3iccw said:
PeachyPM":11g3iccw said:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUPvF-i0EE8[/youtube]

They used to be quite common in the market, but seem to be getting rarer these days.

Used them BITD and they were ground breaking really. They were strong, light and inexpensive. I remember buying their 155 bars which were only 5g heavier than the Renthal bars but less than half the price, also didn't fail like the Renthals either. In the end I have a full Zoom ensemble (bars, stem and the rare seatpost) on my race bike, probably saved about 300g over what came off of it.

Carl.

:xmas-big-grin: Chuffed to bits I am Carl... & the new spoke nipples I've been waiting for have been found (delivered early last week but thought lost) so I can crack on... :xmas-big-grin:

Back