1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

Really awesome to be able to follow you on your restoration journey, learning a thing or two along the way as well, cheers :D

Grubby":3bwqtini said:
Really awesome to be able to follow you on your restoration journey, learning a thing or two along the way as well, cheers :D

Cool, :xmas-cool: glad you like the thread... :xmas-big-grin:

Now time for school, that link sent me to page of nice new stuff (which I like) but please excuse my ignorance :facepalm: but what do those bridge thingies do? :oops:

Re:

The original setup uses these little metal "L" braces on the back to brace the brake under load, these would usually be seated on the inside of the fork leg / chainstay, they are fiddly and cumbersome.

The EVO2 system replaces the back bracket, the new bracket has straight posts that slot straight into the "bridge thingies" :D and brace the brake perfectly as well as making setup easier.

Hope that makes sense, on the new trials bikes they have hydraulic brake specific mounting holes, 2 per side, this kind of mimics that.

Attachments

• 1261hs33.jpg
    1261hs33.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 356
  • maguraevo2kitnew.jpg
    maguraevo2kitnew.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 356

:xmas-big-grin: Excellent, cheers.....

Works been a bit hectic, :(
but this neat little sleeve to take my Deore XT M-730 27.2mm post (NOS from August 1990) up to 28.6mm has arrived and works a treat... :xmas-cool: XT M-730.jpeg

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don’t like them myself. That length is your contact area. So much for minimum insert eh?

The History Man":2yzzvjhj said:
Don’t like them myself. That length is your contact area. So much for minimum insert eh?

Your right ^ the contact area is limited and much has been written about USE posts and the small sleeve / reduced contact area.

In this regard I bought two sleeves and removed the flange on one. Then found the correct height for the post - one that I was comfortable with for ride height, carefully marked the post accordingly and then removed it.
Greased everything up and put both shims on the post before incerting it gently into the frame- bit tricky due to tolerances and very much a one hit (must get it right 1st time) as pulling the seatpost out will leave the lower one behind

The sleeves are easy enough to get out so long as you tube is clean of dirt and your all lube’d up :shock:

Back