1991 Raleigh Scorpio!

Since i built this bike to be part of a team triathlon that never happened, this bike has seen zero usage at all, apart from one spin around my block to see if everything works properly back in April 2014.
It took me about 5 month to learn about, to clean, to repair and to build this bike.
But i'm pretty sure that i won't ever use this bike in my whole lifetime so i decided that it should be ridden by someone who really will use it and needs some kind of transportation anyway, even if that means that it gets stolen or destroyed or something like that. It just makes sense to give it away.
And even if you can't relate to this thought i'm sure everybody here can relate to this: I simply can use the space this thing takes up for something else when this bike is gone. :)

So there is this kid from Sierra Leone who i got to know through a project of mine which i started back in January. (I do a weekly Basketball training for refugee kids who came here without their parents.)
He's a good kid and i'm proud of him and of what he accomplished all alone so far from his home. First of all he is allowed to stay, he now lives by himself, and since last week he goes to a school for hotel receptionists. No other kid of the round about 500 kids i've seen at my sports gym since January is anywhere near that, let alone Basketball.
So i guess to learn how to ride a road bike properly won't be too much of a challange for him.

I'm happy that this thread and this bike of mine finally make some sense.
I learned a lot about road bikes along the way and i'm thankful for everybody in this forum who helped me with this build. For me the journey goes back to the mountain bike section again. Thx! That's all folks.

Back